Favorite Beatles...

(Does an obscure Beatles song even exist? Maybe not...but some are definitely buried a bit.)

I'll pick:

Things We Said Today. Lyrically I wouldn't say it's just a sweet love song...it has some depth and is a bit melancholy. And it's got a really nice flow musically and makes some cool chord changes. It breezes by in under 2 1/2 minutes without a flaw. My favorite part happens during these lines....

Me, I'm just the lucky kind.

Love to hear you say that love is luck.

And, though we may be blind,

Love is here to stay. And that's enough

To make you mine, girl,

I especially like the transition from "enough" to "To". It's one of the many instances where the Beatles write a great song and, with some creative nuances, make it pure genius.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's All Too Much

Ditto. Does Hey Bulldog count as obscure? I mean, Gomez covered it.

I don't think there's any such thing as an "obscure" Beatles song.

But, if you mean by non-singles song, or "deep album cut", I suppose that I can second "Hey Bulldong". And also put in a vote for:

"I Will"

Hey Bulldog used to be obscure, before the movie's re-release and the accompanying 'songtrack'. Remember the media hubbub over the 'unearthed' Beatles song at that time, and it turned out to be Hey Bulldog? WTF was that about?

wasn't it cut out of the film? i know i've got a copy recorded from tv with the section in it, but i've also seen it without that section too.

my favourite "obscure" beatles song is also my favourite song too: Baby, You're A Rich Man (mono of course :shifty)

wasn't it cut out of the film? i know i've got a copy recorded from tv with the section in it, but i've also seen it without that section too.

Right - but the hullabaloo about the scene being added to the film's re-release turned into (at least in the States) "lost Beatles track to be released!!"

Right - but the hullabaloo about the scene being added to the film's re-release turned into (at least in the States) "lost Beatles track to be released!!"

hang on, so they put it back in for the remastered version a few years ago? i seem to remember that they might have taken it out in the 1980s because kids seemed to be getting mauled on a regular basis by dogs such as bulldogs - although i could have dreamed this reason. anyone got any more details?

hang on, so they put it back in for the remastered version a few years ago? i seem to remember that they might have taken it out in the 1980s because kids seemed to be getting mauled on a regular basis by dogs such as bulldogs - although i could have dreamed this reason. anyone got any more details?

I don't know the facts, but I do know the film aired on TV here throughout the late 70s and 80s without that scene, and the initial VHS release of it didn't have it either. I never saw the scene until I went to see the re-release (two nights in a row! :lol )