Favorite Beatles...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's All Too Much

Agreed. I'd also put in a word for the version of "Across The Universe" that was w/o Spector's strings and stuff. This one had cool bird sounds and I think made it on a benefit LP for the WWF.

And Your Bird Can Sing.

Game over, case closed :lol

Oh and Do You Want To Know A Secret

I know a guy that can play both guitar parts simultaneously.

I don't know the facts, but I do know the film aired on TV here throughout the late 70s and 80s without that scene, and the initial VHS release of it didn't have it either. I never saw the scene until I went to see the re-release (two nights in a row! :lol )

i wonder if there is an american version without it, and then a british one with it. cos i saw it with back in the 1980s so it was being aired in the uncut version in the uk then, but also have seen it on tv without it - so maybe they are us and uk prints, and the re-release put it back in. there must be an internet page somewhere about this, surely?

What defines "obscure" in this context? Most of these tracks mentioned are on albums...they might be deep cuts, but I don't know if I'd consider them to be "obscure." Some of the singles mentioned, like "The Inner Light," might be a bit more obscure...

Original post:

(Does an obscure Beatles song even exist? Maybe not...but some are definitely buried a bit.)

Til there was you.... and most of the other pre-Meet the Beatles material.

Most of the other songs mentioned are either on fairly often played LPs or got played extensively on the radio back in the day. (Of course I heard those pre-Meet the Beatles songs on the radio.....top 40 played that stuff.)

LouieB

Savoy Truffle.

After "The Inner Light", I'd mention "I'll Get You", "Slow Down" and "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party"

In my opinion, you can't find any obscure title from Rubber Soul to Abbey Road, since there're all big classics.

It depends. Obviously, for people active in this thread, it would be impossible to find an obscure Beatles song. But if I mention any of the ones on my list (or others mentioned) to a casual fan who just owns Beatles 1, I get nothing but blank stares.