I give Letterman props for handling this like he did. He wasn't trying to get jokes when he revealed all this. It was a combination of the audience having no clue what to do/think, and Dave being one of those guys that's just funny.

Regardless, it's a shitty situation. But Dave seems like a good guy, who knows when he's gone too far, and such. Being able to reveal this on national TV means he's definitely a bigger man than I.

Some consenting adults have spoken or unspoken "arrangements" so who knows. You think Gene Simmons wife expected him to be faithful? I don't really know if that's the situation with Letterman but then again I have a hard time caring. She can choose to leave or stay at this point.

I do wonder how difficult it would be to remain faithfull when you are a rich and famous person. I like to think I would but do I really know? Moment of weakness, drunken stupidity, whatever.

I always liked the "moment of weakness" plea. Nobody ever just says: "listen, she/(he) was pretty hot, they were all over me (insert # of times you did it with the other person here), I was horny, and, honestly, I didn't think I'd get caught but I guess I did. Sorry about that."

You think Gene Simmons wife expected him to be faithful?

With a tongue like that? NFW.

You think Gene Simmons wife expected him to be faithful? I don't really know if that's the situation with

In a sane world, I would think the mere sight of Gene Simmons’s face would pretty much force him to be faithful, not to mention his general ickiness.

Guest Speed Racer

A coalition of late night talk show hosts have all signed a petition to have Letterman imprisoned.

And Woody Allen is circulating a petition stating Dave is a-okay.

They're not married.

Two words for Mr. Simmons to consider:

Common Law

Two words for Mr. Simmons to consider:

Common Law

Exactly, I originally had Wife in quotes for Gene Simmons because I realize he is not married but after this long it's the same thing. Kind of the same thing Dave had until very recently.

Dave is a homeboy around here. I've watched him since I was a kid - WTHR's "Freeze Dried Movies", Dave the weatherman, etc. So I've always liked the guy, and I do find him funny.

As Lammy and others have stated plenty of couples have open relationships, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that. But as Lauren said evidently Dave's wife was unaware of these trysts. Therein lies the problem - if you're S.O. knows about such things who cares? But deception and lying are another thing entirely. Reprehensible is an apprpriate word. Not that it matters but at least the guy has never come off as being pious or holier-than-thou. Yes, I'm thinking about the "C-Streeters" and worthless garbage like Swaggart and Bakker.

I have always perceived Dave as a dirty old man.

He used to be a dirty young man. I have a friend (well, knew her in grade/high school) that worked on his show in the early days; wonder if he banged her.