Someone at Best Buy must've messed up on the pricing

yeah, the bar code was scratched out on mine as well.

I finally got around to looking at my bar code. It's not scratched out and no other marks have been made on the box to indicate that it is a cutout.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If folks are interested in Coltrane's Impulse studio sides, there is a website selling it fairly inexpensively (but not as cheap as the Prestige.) True Blue seems like a pretty good place and they are currently selling it for $20 off.

If you only have this Prestige material, save a few bucks and get these too.

LouieB

I think that would be my true desert island pick if I could put it all on five discs!

I was thinking the same thing while I was reading that thread earlier today.

While we are talking about Coltrane sets, I think I revisit Coltrane's Complete Vanguard Shows the most. Great set.

allmusic link

We should change the title of this thread to simply John Coltrane. Just a thought.

the only Coltrane i own is A Love Supreme.

if i like that is it a given that i will probably like the rest in that set, or is it pretty varied?

You will LOVE the rest of the set.

I think that would be my true desert island pick if I could put it all on five discs!

I was thinking the same thing while I was reading that thread earlier today.

While we are talking about Coltrane sets, I think I revisit Coltrane's Complete Vanguard Shows the most. Great set.

allmusic link

We should change the title of this thread to simply John Coltrane. Just a thought.

Well it is all about Trane I suppose. Now that many folks hear have bought this Prestige material, the later material (including the stellar Atlantic material) is really where the action is. You can play albums like Love Supreme and all the rest of this over and over and never get bored, but those of us who have been playing them for years know this. I have Village Vanguard material over several LPs, but not sure I have all of it. I am particularly fond of Greensleeves from one of the Vanguard dates. Also something you can hear dozens of times and not get bored.

I find it so amusing to listen to the Vanguard cuts and try and figure out how many people are there. Sometimes it sounds like just a handful. Imagine being at one of those dates and not being totally nuts. But then of course even at my advanced age, John Coltrane was long dead before I even had a clue who he was. He came and went realatively quickly. Thank goodness he came with the advent of the LP, so we have so much of him to enjoy.

LouieB

Only read the thread title and a bit about what's up.

But I did experience something that Best Buy messed up this past weekend. They had the Watchmen Ultimate Collector's Edition Box Set out on Saturday.

It wasn't supposed to be out until this past Tuesday. Not sure how that slipped by?

Also, I've had trouble finding the Chronological Three Stooges 2 DVD sets that they've been releasing since 2007. They usually put them out about a week or 2 after they've been officially released.