• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brokenbells-cover.jpg

Broken Bells

(Dangermouse + James Mercer)

this is a pretty cool/chill record :music

Good description...nothing amazing jumped out at me yet but a nice album to listen to. Need to give it some more spins. I've liked the bulk of what Dangermouse has done with the rock world. Attack and Release alone puts him on a pedestal.

Golly, I sure would like to hear that new Eels. I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction? Maybe in a PM... :innocent

You can hit me up with a PM if you don't have it yet. Googling Eels End Times mediafire will also take you right to it.

--Mike

vc_rome_72.jpg.jpeg

Any man who come up with a line as brilliant as "someday I'll be a paragon just like Louis Farrakhan" is a man who deserves peace. Hoping the best for Vic.

--Mike

I just heard about Vic. I'm not sure I can even bring myself to listen to any of his music right now.

I just heard about Vic. I'm not sure I can even bring myself to listen to any of his music right now.

I've had Gravity of the Situation on loop since we got back from Midnight Mass, what an awful way to start Christmas for his friends and family. He was one of the first indie/alternative/non-mainstream artists I really got into when I was in high school and he kind of saved me from the drek that was early 2000's pop/rock radio. May he rest in peace. Godspeed, Speed Racer (1).

--Mike

(1.) If you can find it anywhere Vic's PBS documentary Speed Racer is great, I don't know if our very own Speed Racer is named after it, but I do have a feeling Chesnutt's music is right up her alley.

I've had Gravity of the Situation on loop since we got back from Midnight Mass, what an awful way to start Christmas for his friends and family. He was one of the first indie/alternative/non-mainstream artists I really got into when I was in high school and he kind of saved me from the drek that was early 2000's pop/rock radio. May he rest in peace. Godspeed, Speed Racer (1).

--Mike

My twin brother and I got into Vic in the mid-90's and were greatly thankful for the man and his music. This news is so devastating and awful. Hasn't yet sink in - I just found out about and have been unplugged for days from the internet...

I'll throw West of Rome on his honor...

41JXMFC3DSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51bsUgtidAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51FB7JE6H5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg613ATvv64tL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Prince - Crystal Ball

Outkast - Stakonia

The Cars - Candy-O

Apollo Sunshine - Katonah

john_simons_album.jpg

John Simon - John Simon's Album