Now Playing: December, 2009

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61gfNti4l1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg51ZXTeROPzL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41fOzHU7ppL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51JZS8H3PEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41aiBcmtl-L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Wonder Stuff - Never Loved Elvis

Son Volt - The Search

Sybris - Into the Trees

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

Cate Le Bon - Me Oh My

:thumbup

especially the 2nd disk

I was actually listening to the interview disc when I posted that, but yeah, powerful stuff all around. Makes me want to get the "How the West Was Won" live cd.

When he gets to that line: You locked yourself in the bathroom again... so now I'm pissing in the yard, I just about lost it.

--Mike

Weird. That's the line I heard just before I posted that. Crushed me.

MidlakeCover.jpg

only on my 4th listen... but so far this just isn't really doing it for me (Van Occupanther was my #2 album of 2006), especially since it took 3 years for it to come out.

it's certainly gorgeous, but there's not any really great or overly memorable melodies for me yet. not to mention there's hardly ANY shift in tempo or tone throughout the record, which doesn't allow any singular song to stand out. it's like an album full of 7's for me atm. i mean Trials was pretty mellow save for a couple songs, but this is a lot mellower on the whole than that record was even.

hoping it grows on me, but haven't really been in the mood to keep listening, and i'd rather not force it.

41X0X00Y6DL._SL500_AA240_.jpg84cba2c008a0288918747010.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg31PESAGZWTL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

41HYH17PQTL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41YMAGQ0XGL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Big Star - Third/Sister Lovers

Too Much Joy - Cereal Killers

Caetano Veloso - Transa

Ry Cooder - Into the Purple Valley (plus)

Cherry Twister - At Home With Cherry Twister