The Deli Tray Incident

this might be the best thing i've seen on youtube all day.

i wish i would have been old enough to see Wilco when they were playing tiny places like that.

This show was Feb 97 at Irving Plaza...the place holds 1400 or so..Wilco still hits up places this small. If it means anything they played this same venue right when Ghost came out. Still after my 15 years of concert going this is my 3rd favorite show of all time!!!

That's really cool! I think the smallest place I have seen them play is the Ryman. I think the largest was the Greek Theatre... this upcoming show at the Fox in ATL should be interesting. I read capacity was close to 6,500

That's really cool! I think the smallest place I have seen them play is the Ryman. I think the largest was the Greek Theatre... this upcoming show at the Fox in ATL should be interesting. I read capacity was close to 6,500

Small shows are great!

I saw them at the Buskirk Chumley theater in Bloomington in 1999. Capacity 640.

Saw them at Axis (now Jake's) in Bloomington a week before YHF was released in 2002. That place can't hold more than 500.

This show was Feb 97 at Irving Plaza...the place holds 1400 or so..Wilco still hits up places this small. If it means anything they played this same venue right when Ghost came out. Still after my 15 years of concert going this is my 3rd favorite show of all time!!!

dude, you're so lucky! this was my first Wilco boot back in '02. I listened to it alllllll of the time. being that I only owned YHF and BT, a lot of the show's songs were new to me, namely the Uncle Tupelo ones, but they all sounded great. New Madrid def. sticks out in my mind as being impressive from that evening. didn't they do 'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?' at this show?

Yes...I missed that though I remember I left during Dreamer in My Dreams as my friends dad was picking us up at midnight and threatened to ground my friend to eternity if we were late! I was 16 at the time and it was a real chore to convince someone to drive us to the show!

didn't they record this show for HBO? if so, have you watched it, remphish1? would be cool if you could spot yourself in the crowd. :yes

Yeah I have seen it! I can't tell you how glad I am to have video evidence of this amazing show! You can see me in a frame when Jeff Crowd surfs. I am on the screen for maybe 2 seconds. I was maybe only 4 rows back from the right side of the stage....

I got this version from here...

http://www.thedvdproject.net/Volume9.htm

Wow, thank you for that 90's nostalgia trip. I think We've Been Had is my favorite UT song by Mr Tweedy. It even inspired my screen name. If i thought they would actually play any UT songs I would request them at Wilco shows. I think The Long Cut or We've Been Had would be epic with the 3 guitar assault.

They're probably a technically better live band now, but I would've loved to have seen them around this time.

completely agree. i was 9 yrs old when they were on this tour but i would kill to have seen it. they were so much punkier back then. dont get me wrong... im not the type to argue that one era was better than the other.. i enjoy it all.. but i would have loved to see this incarnation live. and jay.. :(