Lonoong SONGS that you wish would go on even longer

Guest Runaway Jim

Dylan - "Visions of Johanna"

Edit: Actually, it's perfect as it is. I don't wish it were any longer. But he could play it over and over and over again and I'd never stop listening. If there ever was a song deserving of the repeat function, it's this one.

Edited by Runaway Jim

^^ Hey, Runaway Jim just reminded me of the epic Runaway Jim "Runaway Jam" aka "The Jim Symphony" from 11/97. 58 glorious minutes! :cheers

Guest Runaway Jim

^^ Hey, Runaway Jim just reminded me of the epic Runaway Jim "Runaway Jam" aka "The Jim Symphony" from 11/97. 58 glorious minutes! cheers.gif

What?!?!? I need a copy of that show! I've never heard of the Jim Symphony.

Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands is another solid choice.

Whipping Post.

Soul Serenade.

Jungleland (Clarenc could extend that solo!)

Not sure I agree with Sad eyed- although I'm a huge Dylan fan, that one has always dragggggggged to me.

"Three Alabama Icons" - I'd like to hear more history of The Bear, Ronnie Van Zant & George Wallace.

Great call.

Is that song really almost 7 minutes long?

I think this belongs in the "SONGS that you wish didn't exist" thread.

Yeah, I figured this was the response I'd get. My Dad had this CD when I was growing up and we'd be subjected to hearing all 17+ minutes of this tune...drum solo and all. Thankfully he had other discs with better long tunes, like Zeppelin and the Doors.

Guest Runaway Jim

I have never really heard a drum solo that I wish would go on longer.

I'm not really a drum solo guy either, but my friend showed me some Zappa DVD a while back with a fucking killer drum solo.

And of course, Garth's music store drum solo in Wayne's World was pretty bad ass.

I listened almost exclusively to Led Zeppelin in 8th grade and freshman year in high school. Walked away from them in college through adulthood. Came back to them about a year and a half ago at age 35. "In My Time Of Dying" is one of the greatest songs ever. All fucking eleven minutes and six seconds of it. I never want it to end.