2010 New Releases

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the new Band of Horses album turns out to be half as good as the new Vampire Weekend and the new Frightened Rabbit then this year is offically golden for me.

The new Black Keys record is just as awesome as the new Vampire Weekend and the new Frightened Rabbit. Finally got Valleys of Neptune and its pretty bitchin too. The new Freelance Whales album isn't as good as the albums I just mentioned but it ain't bad neither if you want something strange and indie.

5fj2fk.jpg

Getting good reviews. Adjectives and phrases like "angry", "urban wall of sound", and "fathomless layers of feedback" used to describe it in the press. And he puts on a ripping live show. Will pick this up asap.

I like those adjectives and phrases in relation to Weller. I will have to pick that one up, too.

The new Black Keys record is just as awesome as the new Vampire Weekend and the new Frightened Rabbit. Finally got Valleys of Neptune and its pretty bitchin too. The new Freelance Whales album isn't as good as the albums I just mentioned but it ain't bad neither if you want something strange and indie.

i agree on the black keys' new album. i also like the new josh ritter.

• 4 weeks later...

Spinner.com has the newest album from Against Me! up...

http://www.spinner.com/new-releases#/1

I'm aware of this band, but not a huge follower. I seem to remember when the last one came out (and Ben Lee covered it), their "old school" fans were upset about their less punk sound. I wonder what they think about the new one, called White Crosses, because it isn't nearly as heavy as the last one (called New Wave, I think).

I like the new one. It has a bit of a Gaslight Anthem feel to me.