Now Playing: April 2010

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this from a recent SXSW show, or old one?

Link?

I will definitely be making the May 1st show at Emo's (w/ Deer Tick).

Nope, it's from 2008... and are you asking for a link to the show? If so, I'll have to upload it, first.

Nope, it's from 2008... and are you asking for a link to the show? If so, I'll have to upload it, first.

Nah, that's cool. I found a stream of the video. Thanks.

514QmI5-o9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg31QBVWZTPEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41EK2F1A3FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41WQQ15VCEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41PEZ14SWJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left/Bryter Layter

The J. Giles Band - Full House (Live)

De La Soul - De La Soul Is Dead

The Webb Brothers - Marroon

Any initial thoughts on this yet? Is it worth my time?

I just finished it right now. i like it quite a bit. was not listening w/ headphones, just computer speakers but it sounded good. your standard black francis/frank black stuff, which is to say, a lot better than most people! there are a few odd moments, especially lyrically. overtly sexual lyrics, kinda threw me off but still worth a listen. the first & last songs are great.

51JSQD3749L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't know how Nick Drake's music has escaped my radar my whole life but OMG! I can't stop listening to it and at the same time am not wanting to devour it all at once and take it in time because of the known limited output. Caught the documentary A Skin Too Few and was blown away by the sadness of the story and the inspiration of the music. I had to go out and get it all! Listening in limited quantities. Just wow is all I can say. Really really great stuff!!!

Nick Drake - Pink Moon