Wilco -- 4/4/10, Providence, RI

I'd just like to inform Tamala that the rainbow SG was used for "Too Far Apart" tonight.

This is the kind of quality reporting I know I can expect from you. Thank you! I hope I get to see it at least once in Philly. (I'd also take the Summerteeth Rock Block, I'm A Wheel as a closer, and What's the World Got In Store, but frankly I'll be happy to be there for whatever the night brings.)

So "Leave Me" has joined the ranks of "I Thought I Held You"? HA. That seems about right.

what did u think of that show? i wasn't all that impressed... deerhunter are a much better studio band, and i felt like spoon weren't all that memorable. britt has a great stage presence though-- but it felt like he was more or less going through the motions.

it's the 2nd time i've seen Spoon, and the 3rd time for Deerhunter. i really like listening to Spoon, but at this point i think listening at home to the records will suffice. I liked Deerhunter's set, and this was 1st time i saw them w/ only 2 guitarists.

Great Show!!!! :worship

Some thoughts

From UPSTAIRS (2CD ROW LEFT)

I thought the Singalong from upstairs was less than stellar ...

In Fact until ready for this?

The Last Few Songs it seemed to me no Group of people stood for more than a minute or 2

As someone who was sitting in the front row up there, I found it very hard to stand. I was trying to abide by the rule if no one behind you is standing then stay seated. I stood for 'Thank You' and the encore.

I was distracted the whole night (...) by those things.

Same.

Sitting in the balcony, mezzanine or whatever, definitely gave the show a completely different vibe. It, also, gave a completely different view. Being able to see Glenn so clearly and Mikael more than usual was nice. I did feel, however, that I sort of "lost" Pat even though I was on his side. It was a truly great night that was quite overdue!

We got to see a few old friends outside which is always nice.

My top favorite moments:

Jeff's one-legged solo :rock

Glenn's gong show pre-ITMWLY Rock God moment :worship

Pat's windmills :guitar

John's pogo-ing :hyper

Mikael's 'Easter Bunny' tune :dancing

Nels' (insert anything here) :thumbup

Highlight tunes (for me):

Radio Cure

What's The World Got In Store

Laminated Cat

Airline to Heaven

Theologians

Too Far Apart

VERY much looking forward to Friday!!! :D

My top favorite moments:

Jeff's one-legged solo :rock

Glenn's gong show pre-ITMWLY Rock God moment :worship

Pat's windmills :guitar

John's pogo-ing :hyper

Mikael's 'Easter Bunny' tune :dancing

Nels' (amazing stage moves) :thumbup

fixed it for you :thumbup

Aside from the fact someone in front of me kept farting, which smelled like Easter ham, all in all an outstanding show.

they could ban farting at shows, for all I care.

Something to consider.

This is the kind of quality reporting I know I can expect from you. Thank you!

You know you can count on me, my non-Asian friend.

I also wanted to add that I've really been loving the way that, in "Not for the Cat" (that's what I'm calling it now), Nels uses his acoustic guitar for some percussive elements. A little bit like "Radio Cure," but different stuff.

Another great show! Got my first She's a Jar last night!! Well worth the 3hr. ride from Long Island but I have to say that Lupos is a dump. I did however get a ticket on the street for $20.00. Next stop for me is Philly on Sat.

Just wondering, Is Jeff wearing sideshow Bob's shoes? Those things are huge.

Shoes schmooze... I'm just glad changed his shirt after wearing the same one in Scranton and both Montclair shows.

Hot, stuffy, crowded in front. Aside from the fact someone in front of me kept farting, which smelled like Easter ham, all in all an outstanding show.

This sounds like my row in Bethesda: hot, stuffy, and farty. I swear to God it was the guy directly in front of us who was explaining every song to his [rookie Wilco fan?] girlfriend after each tune...

Great show. Hot, stuffy, crowded in front.

Aside from the fact someone in front of me kept farting, which smelled like Easter ham, all in all an outstanding show.

Can't wait for Boston tomorrow night.

Were you in the mezzanine because I had the same problem. OMG i thought i was going to suffocate at least 4 times.

Also i thought the sound was bad, but I'd not seen a show in this new Lupo's so it is possible it is a product of the venue. I did like being up in the mezzanine and looking down on the band--the light shows often made me think we were watching as though the band was playing in hell.

We totally must have been standing close to each other... cause there we a couple of time I was like...."WHOA!!!"

I think that they got really bad during "Red Eyed"

haha

We totally must have been standing close to each other... cause there we a couple of time I was like...."WHOA!!!"

I think that they got really bad during "Red Eyed"

haha

Thanks for the laugh! I've been at shows at the Cat's Cradle before where I just *knew* someone had been to Carrburritos for dinner. Those babies produce a very distinctive flatulence, for sure.

Does anyone know where Jeff got that "Dont mess with texas or rhode island" t shirt??? I'm a rhode islander, with tons of family in Texas (I'll actually be living there for 4 months this summer). I'd LOVE to have this shirt, anyone know where in the world these are sold?

• 2 weeks later...