Guest Speed Racer

Eating hotdogs at a baseball game. Going to my first Twins game at the new stadium this Saturday, and I am convinced hot dogs taste better at outdoor games.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound sort of cheesy or like a commercial, but for me it is when strangers smile. This morning on the subway a woman got on and was sitting across from me. She was looking very dour and serious (and unhappy). She got out her blackberry and was scrolling through and then got to something that made her happy. She suddenly got the biggest smile on her face and she looked genuinely happy. Just seeing that made me smile too.

I live in a place where if you smile at a stranger,or (God forbid!) say hello to one, people will narrow their eyes and turn away. I was back over on that side of the pond once when someone i didn't know smiled and said hello to me, and i had become so accustomed to the "don't trust strangers" thing that i nearly jumped out of my skin. yikes. having said that, a stranger and i exchanged smiles today :)

Cuddling with your sweetie.:wub

Going to the movies with an old friend, who just happens to be cute as a button (and single;)). I will wear my lucky Wilco shirt for the occasion.....

Watching 'America's Funniest Home Videos' with my daughters. :wub We all actually get bummed when it's NOT on! Their laughter makes it SOOO much better!

(P.S. So does Tom Bergeron! His jokes aren't NEARLY as lame as Bob Saget's were!)

When you are at a concert patiently waiting for the main act and the lights go down. That very instant.

when you walk up the ramp to your seats and you see the infield grass for the first time.

:wub :wub

MattZ's contributions to this thread.

My 3 year old daughter hugging my ex-husband's 4 year old son whenever she sees him and saying that she'll miss him before he leaves. My ex's wife and I can't wait until our older boys can tell people that their brother and sister are getting married - to each other. We kind of cracked up about it at church today.

I also love that my ex-husband's wife is one of my good friends. It definitely makes life a lot easier.

meeting face to face with people you know from the internet

little kids that are quiet at the supermarket

drivers that let you cross the street when you're jaywalking, with a friendly wave

postmen that ring doorbell if the package doesnt fit in the letter box, instead of tossing into the front garden

phone survey people that actually hang up politely when you say "sorry, not interested"

getting a free beer for depositing a cheque at the bank for a friend working the bottle shop - 50 meters away

• 11 months later...

When the opening act blows me away.

And this one:

The smell of magnolia blossoms.

Yeah, that's a good one.

I have a magnolia tree in my front yard and, for the 2 weeks or so that it's in-bloom, I love walking out my front door every morning, just to get a whiff of that tree!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Did I already say this one? I love how happy and grateful people are when you offer to take the camera so their whole group can be in the same picture. Easiest thing in the world to do, but folks are always so appreciative. Happens all the time in SF, I love to think about how many pictures, sitting on bookshelves and pinned on bulletin boards around the world, I've taken of people standing under the Haight & Ashbury street signs.