I know these aren't as much fun as the pet peeves... :P

And I'm not talking about the big things, your kids and all those good things. Just the little things that brighten your day.

Like for me, today:

Seeing a teen offer his seat to a old lady on the bus.

or

When the lady at the coffee shop in the lobby sees me approaching the cottage cheese case, remembers that I like the ones with the pineapple, and produces some from the fridge in the back before I even have a chance to ask.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the lady at the coffee shop in the lobby sees me approaching the cottage cheese case, remembers that I like the ones with the pineapple, and produces some from the fridge in the back before I even have a chance to ask.

Wow.

I like this topic better than the "Peeves" ( I've intentionally avoided responding to that thread in an attempt to marginalize anything that bugs me).

Curiously, just minutes ago I walked into the coffee shop I visit daily and the kid who's now my "new" barista apparently had seen me coming and had a Quad Breve steaming and ready to go for me.

A nice treat on a hectic Friday.

Wow.

I like this topic better than the "Peeves" ( I've intentionally avoided responding to that thread in an attempt to marginalize anything that bugs me).

Curiously, just minutes ago I walked into the coffee shop I visit daily and the kid who's now my "new" barista apparently had seen me coming and had a Quad Breve steaming and ready to go for me.

A nice treat on a hectic Friday.

The best thing about my cottage cheese story is that it's probably several months since I even bought any down there. She's just got a great memory, and she's all about customer service. :yes

My sister usually starts her day at a coffee shop like yours. It's packed in the morning, but the guy who takes the orders knows all the regulars by sight, and has their drinks lined up before those folks even approach the cash register. It's a beautiful thing to see!

Guest Speed Racer

The Chipotle staff not only know my order, they know my name - though only one member of the staff ever handles my credit card. They greet me in the morning when I walk past their shop, and ask about my co-workers.

My Wednesday morning coffee shop also remembers my order. In fact, since I tend to go to all of the same places, everywhere I go, everyone knows my order. I'm a chronic regular and a creature of habit. :)

Also, some guy cut me off in traffic this morning and a bird crapped on his car twice. First, and then once more after a long pause while he cursed the first incident. :lol

Guest Ordinary Beehive

When my girlfriend can tell I'm not happy or I've had a bad day and she just rests her head on my shoulder, and my troubles instantly melt away.

I love to hear people who can speak knowledgeably, passionately, and articulately, on whatever subject. I don't care how uninterested I am in the topic going in, if the speaker is good, it's entertaining to me. That kind of thing is always a joy to witness, and something I wish I could do myself. No matter how knowledgeable I might be on a given topic, my public speaking always seems to come across as angry, for some reason. :lol

Those little rubber band bracelet thingies that are shaped like animals and stuff when you take them off.

my kids are nuts about them.

Hello there!

You won a pair of tickets to see Antlers 4/26 at the Fox!

You have until 7pm 4/26 to pick them up. They will be at the back counter of Twist and Shout under your name.

They also check ID just to be sure you are the winner.

Enjoy the show!

Twist and Shout

Winning stuff makes me pretty happy, just got this e-mail.

Getting up on Wednesday mornings, first with the same "oh NO! it's time to get out of bed :(" - feeling like every other day, and suddenly getting this adrenaline kick "woohoo!! it's wednesday! the box from the organic farm delivery will be here!!", and then rush downstairs and unpack all the wonderful looking veggies & fruits :w00t

Convincing other people to be patient at stop lights. It really is only like 10 seconds.

Mine is approaching two minutes (yes, I'm a dork and actually timed it once). Obviously in the grand scheme of a whole day that's insignificant. But in stoplight terms that's ridiculous, and when I'm running late it seems like an eternity.