Your Fricking Perfect 25 Song Jeff Tweedy Solo Show Setlist

In the vein of the thread below...

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/42936-your-fricking-perfect-25-song-wilco-setlist/

...what's your top 25 set list for a Jeff solo show? No electric guitars allowed.

Here goes mine:

Airline To Heaven

Candyfloss

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Country Disappeared

Laminated Cat

Theologians

Far, Far Away

Kamera

Gun

Jesus, etc.

Remember The Mountain Bed

(break)

Cars Can't Escape

In A Future Age

Radio King

Sunken Treasure

Black Eye

When The Roses Bloom Again

California Stars

Pecan Pie

New Madrid

(encore)

Pieholden Suite

Venus Stop The Train

Promising

Less Than You Think

Reservations

In the vein of the thread below...

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/42936-your-fricking-perfect-25-song-wilco-setlist/

...what's your top 25 set list for a Jeff solo show? No electric guitars allowed.

Here goes mine:

Venus Stop The Train

This I'd be curious to hear in a solo acoustic setting, considering I've only heard it with piano accompaniment. Very dark, beautiful chords in this song.

He nor they have played it live actually (according to wilcobase records at least), not a Jeff Tweedy & Jay Bennett show, not a Wilco show, not a Jeff solo show. It's pretty curious.

Jay's played it live a few times, it must be a Bennett song. Bad memories I suppose.

My List:

Impossible Germany

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

She's A Jar

Spiders

New Madrid

When You Wake Up Feeling Old

Passenger Side

Gun

The Lonely 1

Muzzle of Bees

War on War

Too Far Apart

Hotel Arizona

break

The Late Greats

Jesus Etc.

I'll Fight

Box Full Of Letters

Poor Places

Hell Is Chrome

Theologians

encore:

Misunderstood

Airline to Heaven

Either Way

Hate It Here

Acuff-Rose

If only...

Long, long LONG story...but in 2005 the dear Tweedys did a benefit concert for the research lab where I used to work, which focused on Kawasaki disease. Before the benefit show, Jeff pulled out quite a comprehensive list of songs he'd written to date. I got to choose the show setlist. He basically circled every song on the list I wanted, then someone transcribed and printed up the setlist. I thought it was pretty good. Final list here: http://www.wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=847

Yes, my best show ever. 03-05-2005. If you've listened to the show, you'll hear Jeff dedicate Cars Can't Escape to me during first encore. Wow. :music

Long, long LONG story...but in 2005 the dear Tweedys did a benefit concert for the research lab where I used to work, which focused on Kawasaki disease. Before the benefit show, Jeff pulled out quite a comprehensive list of songs he'd written to date. I got to choose the show setlist. He basically circled every song on the list I wanted, then someone transcribed and printed up the setlist. I thought it was pretty good. Final list here: http://www.wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=847

Yes, my best show ever. 03-05-2005. If you've listened to the show, you'll hear Jeff dedicate Cars Can't Escape to me during first encore. Wow. :music

Wow! So jealous. Looks like you picked a very good setlist, too.

Don't care as long as it's ON THE WEST COAST. Seastorms kept me from seeing his last show in Vancouver and I'll beginning to think I'll never get another chance to see him solo without travelling to Chicago (which I would happily do with more notice, in fact I wish I'd skipped the Pacific Northwest Wilco shows in February to save for his solo benefit gigs in March and then caught one of Wilco's 'Evening With' shows...). Being a west coast Wilco fan just doesn't seem to have any perks at all.

So you're Dr. Judy huh. I thought it was a really nice genuine moment when Tweedy dedicated it to you.

Coincidentally, that show is one of my favorite bootlegs. Amazing set list, amazing atmosphere, great sound. Anyone who hasn't got the March residency of Tweedy's solo show at the Vic is missing out. I'm really into early, folky Jeff atm so when a set includes Hesitating Beauty, Pecan Pie, Acuff Rose, Forget The Flowers and Mountain Bed, that's a birthday, christmas and new years rolled into one for me.

He nor they have played it live actually (according to wilcobase records at least), not a Jeff Tweedy & Jay Bennett show, not a Wilco show, not a Jeff solo show. It's pretty curious.

There was a few songs that Jay took when he left Wilco... that was one of them.

Screen Door

If That's Alright

Wait Up

Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down

Black Eye

Fatal Wound

Acuff Rose

New Madrid

Box Full of Letters

Dash 7

Pecan Pie

Radio King

Far Far Away

Forget The Flowers

Sunken Treasure

Please Tell My Brother

California Stars

At My Window Sad and Lonely

One By One

Hesitating Beauty

Airline To Heaven

Chinese Apple

The Ruling Class

The Late Greats

A Long Time Ago

Basically, I think the folkier songs work best in the solo shows. Am I wrong?

Screen Door

If That's Alright

Wait Up

Black Eye

Fatal Wound

Acuff Rose

New Madrid

Box Full of Letters

Dash 7

Pecan Pie

Radio King

Far Far Away

Forget The Flowers

Sunken Treasure

Please Tell My Brother

California Stars

One By One

Hesitating Beauty

Airline To Heaven

Chinese Apple

The Ruling Class

The Late Greats

A Long Time Ago

No you're not wrong, you did forget the best folk song in his repertoire: Remember The Mountain Bed. Misstep or intentional?

Screen Door

If That's Alright

Wait Up

Black Eye

Fatal Wound

Acuff Rose

New Madrid

Box Full of Letters

Dash 7

Pecan Pie

Radio King

Far Far Away

Forget The Flowers

Sunken Treasure

Please Tell My Brother

California Stars

One By One

Hesitating Beauty

Airline To Heaven

Chinese Apple

The Ruling Class

The Late Greats

A Long Time Ago

This setlist is excellent. Adding "Remember the Mountain Bed" would be stellar; but if I absolutely had to do it at the expense of other tracks (because it's so damn long), I'd take out two UT songs, "If That's Alright" and "Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down," and the Loose Fur tracks, "Chinese Apple" and "The Ruling Class," as much as I hate to do so.

Sub out Dash 7 for Roses. And Box Full of Letters for Pick up the Change. I saw Tweedy play Blue-Eyed Soul in a solo show in Tulsa and it was riveting. Much more so than the record version, which is pretty awesome itself. Ok, I'm done picking apart your setlist...it's pretty damn good as is.

Sub out Dash 7 for Roses. And Box Full of Letters for Pick up the Change. I saw Tweedy play Blue-Eyed Soul in a solo show in Tulsa and it was riveting. Much more so than the record version, which is pretty awesome itself. Ok, I'm done picking apart your setlist...it's pretty damn good as is.

Those are two substitutions I'd make as well. Chinese Apple benefits too much from electric instruments to go into a Jeff solo show, I like Satan in the list though, I've found a new appreciation recently for that traditional folkie.