My Morning Jacket Terminal 5 Residency in Oct

Yeah, just reading that too. :thumbup Amazing!

Monday, Oct 18 - The Tennessee Fire

Tuesday, Oct 19 - At Dawn

Thursday, Oct 21 - It Still Moves

Friday, Oct 22 - Z

Saturday, Oct 23 - Evil Urges and beyond!

5-day passes onsale for $205 on June 14th. Not that I'm going or anything :ohwell But I hope our favorite MMJ babe Ms. Y is going to be able to make it! :dancing

make the trip, wendy!!

i start a new job in july and am prepared to make time off for these shows a dealbreaker.

solace: i am particularly excited for "tennessee fire". i've always wanted to here "it's about twilight now" live. it will rock like a mo-fo. (self-censored but you know what i wanted to type :pirate )

:banana :banana

best concert news i've ever heard. my entire life. wow! this is so cool. almost speechless. this will make 7 jacket shows for me this year along with the appalachian voices tour with yim. unreal. these 5 nights as a whole may be the only chance i ever get to having a concert experience that can compare to that of mmj's 2008 late night bonnaroo set.

i hope they record these. i'd like a version of the album Tenn Fire done with this line up.

As would I. Me thinks Wilco should have taken this approach with the '08 residency in Chicago. An album a night, plus covers + outtakes from each era...guess that would have extended it...

I'm so all over this! Excellent news!

greg, i missed your post. OH HELL YES!!

this time around the weather should be less daunting,eh? :monkey

greg, i missed your post. OH HELL YES!!

this time around the weather should be less daunting,eh? :monkey

i really want to hear "picture of you," and "i just wanted to be your friend" and "twilight" and it's been awhile for "x'mas curtain," Oh just bring it on already.

This sounds like an amazing residency. It times like this I wish I was over on your side of the pond. I just can't see them coming to Shrewsbury in the U.K for five shows such as these!!. I have only seen MMJ once here in the UK and it was amazing. I've been to many, many shows, but the performace of 'Wordless Chorus' I heard when I saw them was up there as a highlight.

I am also a big fan of the Tennessee Fire record so would love to hear some of those tracks in a live setting. I figure on the Evil Urges night they may unleash a couple of new tracks. After their last album, and the bad press they received, I am curious to hear what direction they head in next.

step one: get a 5-night pass

DONE! :dancing

You got the easy part done! For you out of towners..don't be dissapointed Terminal 5 is in a strange random area of the city with little to no bars/restauraunts nearby. If anyone need help planning or with suggestions I hope I can help you out!

thanks, remphish! i will likely take you up on your info offer esp. in re: rail lines/taxis in the area.

tangara: :banana :banana

Be happy to help..send me a pm with any questions you may have when the time comes!

My biggest sugestion in terms of the venue is get there early and secure a spot on the 2nd or 3rd balcony against the rails. The sightlines on the first level are not hot unless you are well over 6 ft tall or in the front few rows...

got my tix for Thurs and Sat

I am surprised how easy it was.

Yeah the venue is in no mans land. But the venue does have 3-4 bars, with a nice selection of beers and a roof deck-prices are typical for NYC, but not outrageous.

This is gonna be great.