I am a sucker for 90's pop rock!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer

For a moment I thought that screenshot was from Rhett Miller's "Come Around" video. I am indescribably ashamed to admit that I have seen that video.

Saw Geggy Tah open up for Rusted Root in Rochester, NY circa 1997. Great energy. They ended the show by walking through the aisles, continuing to play drums, all the way to the back of the theatre, if my memory serves me correctly.

Another old 90s favorite would be Tori Amos. I loved her in the beginning, but she kinda lost me somewhere along the way.

third eye blind's s/t record came out in 1997. i still put that one on every now and then. :)

My wife and I spun that a few weeks back. I felt old.

How about the Blake Babies? Julianna Hatfield is great and very hot to boot.

Just came in to post that. Really good song. I don't even consider it a guilty pleasure. It's just a brilliant song.

Yup. That.

And, did anybody see last week that VH1 was running their "100 Best Songs of the 90's" special?

It still feels too early for 90's nostalgia.

Fuck.

Guest Speed Racer

Oh, those two are certainly up there, but How Bizarre was far too hilarious to be as grating as the others, and Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm was before my time-ish (although I did enjoy when it appeared on Pop-Up Video - damn, that show was awesome, by the way). Stay was soooo f-ing whiny, and its Pop-Up Video forever linked it in my mind with its director, Ethan Hawke, whom I despise. And You Get What You Give, was, like, supposed to be, like, deep, man. And I couldn't deal with that.