who do you think needs to be remastered?

I think all of The Clash cds have been re-done.

Not sure.

I think it really comes down to who does the work, amount of money spent, research/time spent on the project, etc. I agree, some of the stuff we have is jut jacked up in volume, and little else has been done.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never bother with those sort of releases.

The first two really need re-mastered.

Re-master

Re-mastering is not re-mixing.

We have to remember that sometimes the weird drum sound, or what have you, is what the band or producer wanted.

asbury park is almost unlistenable. i really hope darkness is available on its own and not only part of a box set.

asbury park is almost unlistenable. i really hope darkness is available on its own and not only part of a box set.

Asbury Park is very amateurish in its performance AND production values.

I hope that that we wil get either the Agora or Roxy shows with the Darkness reissue.

I think all of The Clash cds have been re-done.

Not sure.

I think it really comes down to who does the work, amount of money spent, research/time spent on the project, etc. I agree, some of the stuff we have is jut jacked up in volume, and little else has been done.

According to a recent interview with Mick Jones a deluxe 30th anniversary edition of Sandinista! is coming out by the end of the year. No word yet on what's included or if it's been remastered - some folks are speculating it'll include a bonus disc from the Bonds residency.

According to a recent interview with Mick Jones a deluxe 30th anniversary edition of Sandinista! is coming out by the end of the year. No word yet on what's included or if it's been remastered - some folks are speculating it'll include a bonus disc from the Bonds residency.

Maybe it will now be 6 records, instead of 3 records.

new morning - bob dylan

under the red sky - bob dylan

electrical storm - ed kuepper

full moon fever - tom petty

anything from robert johnson, without all the EQ and noise reduction - give me the snap crackle and pops from the 78s anyday

new morning - bob dylan

under the red sky - bob dylan

electrical storm - ed kuepper

full moon fever - tom petty

anything from robert johnson, without all the EQ and noise reduction - give me the snap crackle and pops from the 78s anyday

I thought all of the Bob Dylan albums were re-mastered a few years ago.

I thought all of the Bob Dylan albums were re-mastered a few years ago.

not all of them. actually the new morning remaster is a bit annoying because it's a digipak - so it doesn't match the older remastered cd's from a few years before.

talking of Dylan, i'd like to see Dylan by Bob Dylan remastered - that'd be fantastic!

not all of them. actually the new morning remaster is a bit annoying because it's a digipak - so it doesn't match the older remastered cd's from a few years before.

talking of Dylan, i'd like to see Dylan by Bob Dylan remastered - that'd be fantastic!

Bob Dylan - Limited Edition Catalog Box Set [Hybrid SACD - DSD, Original recording remastered, Box set]

I don't think anyone is in any hurry to work on Dylan.

Maybe it will now be 6 records, instead of 3 records.

Yeah, I can't imagine there's anything left in the can - I think all the scraps ended up on side 6.

btw, S! is my all-time favorite record(s)

Yeah, I can't imagine there's anything left in the can - I think all the scraps ended up on side 6.

btw, S! is my all-time favorite record(s)

I had it on cassette back in the day.

yeah, that's only 15, or something, of his albums. they released his debut later on, after they did this, and then also before the flood/new morning/the basement tapes, and maybe a couple of others i can't remember at the moment, later on. the trouble is those later ones don't even match the design of the original remasters.

self portrait would also be a nice remaster in the future. i think Dylan the album not being out of print will happen eventually - cos he's gonna die eventually. i don't even know what his problem with it is, it's got a couple of fantastic songs on it - which is something that can't be said about his last album.

I did not bother with all of that. All of my Dylan cds are the old "Nice Price" versions. I think they have been re-done again since the SACD releases, come to think of it.

And of course, I have Dylan on cassette.

I got that box set when it originally came out. I just purchased the remastered New Morning last weekend - the New Morning digipak fits in the box set carton (if I take one out).

I paid a lot less the costs on the Amazon link.

I did not bother with all of that. All of my Dylan cds are the old "Nice Price" versions. I think they have been re-done again since the SACD releases, come to think of it.

And of course, I have Dylan on cassette.

the sacd and the normal remasters came out at the same time. i too had just the old versions for ages, but i recently forked out for the remasters. they really sound fantastic i'd recommend picking at least a few of them up.

i've got all the cassettes too! my brother gave them to me, and they're somewhere in the back of a cupboard.

the sacd and the normal remasters came out at the same time. i too had just the old versions for ages, but i recently forked out for the remasters. they really sound fantastic i'd recommend picking at least a few of them up.

i've got all the cassettes too! my brother gave them to me, and they're somewhere in the back of a cupboard.

The following were re-done, and re-released last year: New Morning, Before the Flood, The Basement Tapes, and Dylan and the Dead.

Dylan 2009 Remasters - Basement Tapes/Before the Flood/New Morning/Dylan & the Dead

I am not really one to buy such things again unless the release includes bonus tracks, a cd booklet with some sort of nice essay, maybe some unseen photos, etc.

Of the recent re-issues of Dylan, I only bought the New Morning. I never own New Morning. The other three I own and are happy with them. The SACDs sound great, esp the ones that are in 5.1.

Of the recent re-issues of Dylan, I only bought the New Morning. I never own New Morning. The other three I own and are happy with them. The SACDs sound great, esp the ones that are in 5.1.

It's a great album.

1994 Wildflowers

Really? I think that is one of the best sounding CD's ever released.

Prince catalog for sure. Sonic Youth "Evol" and "Sister" will be nice. The Rickie Lee Jones catalog for needs it bad. What about Tom Waits stuff? Bob Mould-Warehouse. Sinead O'Conner's first two.

Really? I think that is one of the best sounding CD's ever released.

Prince catalog for sure. Sonic Youth "Evol" and "Sister" will be nice. The Rickie Lee Jones catalog for needs it bad. What about Tom Waits stuff? Bob Mould-Warehouse. Sinead O'Conner's first two.

That is true - but it would be odd to do them all and leave that one out.

Bob Mould-Warehouse

Warehouse is a Husker Du album. Do you mean Workbook? I think the sound of that CD is great. Never heard it on vinyl, so maybe I'm missing something. Workbook is my absolute #1 album, so I wouldn't mind hearing an attempt at remastering, just don't think it's needed.

yikes...am I the only one who thinks this all reeks of marketing????

I've fallen for the "remastering' concept on occasion, but it fails to change or significantly impact any of the reasons I first fell in love with records. Possibly my ears need to be re-somethinged... (or my stereo???).

And the improvement/ experience is marginal, at least for me.

in all their sonic faultiness, the connection one makes with a great record can possibly never be re-mastered, in my opinion, because best friends can never be "re-bested", favorite foods cannot be "re-flavored" and love, well, you know what I'm talking about...

but a treatment of Marque Moon would probably open my wallet, cause, geez, I'm human after all (and in need of re-mastering????)