Next Wilco Album

But WTA is 11 songs and it's only five minutes longer than TKOL. Eight song tracklist isn't a bad thing at all. I don't really like TKOL, but it's certainly not because it's "only" eight songs.

OK, I'm having trouble clearing the cobwebs this morning and my brain isn't firing on all cylinders, but ... TKOL?

edit: Oh, that Radiohead thing. Meh.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But WTA is 11 songs and it's only five minutes longer than TKOL. Eight song tracklist isn't a bad thing at all. I don't really like TKOL, but it's certainly not because it's "only" eight songs.

I'd personally love an extremely succinct album from Wilco, especially if they continue in their current vein. Trim SBS and WTA down to the 37 minute area and you have much better albums.

I have to disagree, I love The King Of Limbs. At first listen I was a little disappointed, it's very short, and on the surface it sounds like a techno album, but there is just so much going on there that there is no way to absorb it in just a few listens, this is one deep and trippy record. I would put Give Up the Ghost and Separator up there with any of Radiohead's best songs, and an awesome 1-2 punch to close out the record. It could have been worse, imagine an album full of Harry Patch songs.