Next Wilco Album

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lock me in, i am one of those fans where i can listen to any wilco album straight through and not skip a song, sure there are songs that don't strike me hard or move me or 'get my groove on' but at this point in my musical life, they are like my favorite childhood sports team growing up, im in it with them until the end, undying support and love. i first got into wilco when AM came out and im only 32 so there are plenty of years left to celebrate.

Well said, well said. :thumbup

Guest Speed Racer

Speculating and arguing. Even if there was news, without the sound of an actual song it would just end up being speculating and arguing.

Once the new album leaks it will mostly be arguing. :lol And discussion.

If you don't want to leaf through 14 pages of speculating and arguing: they're in the studio now, and the album has a tentative release date of 2011-ish (not helpful, I know). There are photos of them in the studio on their website, most of which have been a primary source of the speculating and arguing.

Regardless of what they do in the studio, "Live" Wilco still regins in as the best touring band in the country, equipped with balls of steel and warm hearts. As with WILCO, the album, anticipation mounts.

jorge

I'm laughing to keep from cryin'. But at least there's reason for a little hope this season!

as far as Wilco and the Brewers are concerned, never thought i'd see Tweedy throw out the first pitch at Miller Park or have an interview in the Brewers booth or see Tweedy wearing a Brewers hat while rocking out with Wilco in milwaukee.

still smiling about all of that.....

as far as Wilco and the Brewers are concerned, never thought i'd see Tweedy throw out the first pitch at Miller Park or have an interview in the Brewers booth or see Tweedy wearing a Brewers hat while rocking out with Wilco in milwaukee.

still smiling about all of that.....

I watch pretty much every inning of the Brewers, and had no prior knowledge that Tweedy was going to be there. I knew the band were in town for the two-night stand at the Pabst (I went to both), but was still stunned to see Tweedy in the booth and then several other band members run in the sausage race. The announcers clearly had no interest--Bill Schroeder seemed especially confused about what a Wilco was--and the inning ended up being painfully long. But Tweedy seemed genuinely happy to receive a Brewers cap.

At a living room show last summer, I was fortunate to have a moment alone with Jeff and brought up a recent interview in which Tweedy acknowledged that he often wore that Brewers cap until his neighbor compelled him to try on an old Bears cap as a replacement. With feigned disappointment, I said, "As a lifelong Brewers fan, what I want to know is, is that Brewers cap still in the rotation?"

He answered yes, emphatically.

• 4 weeks later...

This may sound like a dumb question but when does fall begin in the states?

September

But WTA is 11 songs and it's only five minutes longer than TKOL. Eight song tracklist isn't a bad thing at all. I don't really like TKOL, but it's certainly not because it's "only" eight songs.

I'd personally love an extremely succinct album from Wilco, especially if they continue in their current vein. Trim SBS and WTA down to the 37 minute area and you have much better albums.

I'd personally love if they did a punk 45, with three or four songs per side.