Lincoln Theatre Pre-sale Password?

Does anyone know if the Lincoln Theatre (DC) show will be reserved seating or general admission? I assumed reserved seating due to the layout of the theatre, but I just called Front Gate to find out for sure, and they said it looks like general admission. Seems really strange for a seated venue like this. The box office at the Lincoln Theatre is completely unresponsive--they just direct you to Ticketmaster, and the guy there said he also shows it as being general admission.

Ticketmaster's website shows a presale date of 11/4, but the guy at Ticketmaster said there's supposed to be a code. I haven't seen any mention of a code anywhere. AND Wilcoworld.net seems to be down at the moment.

So. . . grrrr. Any ideas, anyone? I don't want to be greedy, but since I'm going to the Charlottesville show, it would be nice to have a one-two punch and see the DC show the night before. OK, maybe I am being greedy!

Wilco presales have not required special secret ticket-purchasing passwords for quite some time. However, you do need to be a registered member at the wilco ticketing site before you try for tickets on their website. When you register there, you create your own password, much like you did to join VC.

As for the IMP presale? Can't help you there. Good luck!

Also - I hope it's not a GA show. :hmm

Wilco presales have not required special secret ticket-purchasing passwords for quite some time. However, you do need to be a registered member at the wilco ticketing site before you try for tickets on their website. When you register there, you create your own password, much like you did to join VC.

As for the IMP presale? Can't help you there. Good luck!

Also - I hope it's not a GA show. :hmm

Thanks, Wendy. Yep, got all the registration stuff covered over at Front Gate--have bought from them a few times. And I agree that in this theater GA would not be ideal--I hope Front Gate and TM are wrong.

Just found out that the password for Thursday's pre-sale

Not to be an ass, but you might want to not post the actual password. Tickets are already hard enough to get, and I know someone else on the internet will post it anyway, but it's a password for a reason. IMP does a terrific job providing pre-sales as often as possible, but they don't mean much when the passwords are shared like this.

Just saying.

Not to be an ass, but you might want to not post the actual password. Tickets are already hard enough to get, and I know someone else on the internet will post it anyway, but it's a password for a reason. IMP does a terrific job providing pre-sales as often as possible, but they don't mean much when the passwords are shared like this.

Just saying.

I didn't get this through IMP. I don't even know what IMP is, despite having googled it every way I could think of. I got it through a more specifically Wilco-related source--actually two of them, independently--and I thought it would be nice to share it with this community of fans. If you'd like to PM me to let me know why this is not OK, I'd be happy to listen.

And I'm not being huffy--if this is any sort of etiquette breach, I'm sorry. But this is the official fan site. Why wouldn't we share?

Thanks for the feedback. Point taken, though I'm not sure I get the concept of super secret passwords that even longtime fans can't find out about. But I certainly didn't intend to help out the asshole scalpers, so if posting the password contributes to that, I am sorry.

Now I'll just leave this topic alone so it sinks way down on the list, hopefully into obscurity!

I didn't get this through IMP. I don't even know what IMP is, despite having googled it every way I could think of. I got it through a more specifically Wilco-related source--actually two of them, independently--and I thought it would be nice to share it with this community of fans. If you'd like to PM me to let me know why this is not OK, I'd be happy to listen.

And I'm not being huffy--if this is any sort of etiquette breach, I'm sorry. But this is the official fan site. Why wouldn't we share?

Not true. VC is not the official fan site for Wilco. It might be the best known, or have the most members, but we have no sponsorship from Wilco or their management. There is nothing "official" about us. Just setting the record straight.

I edited out the password because I am also of the belief that The 9:30 Club would not particularly want it posted in public here. The password was meant for the 9:30 Club fans.

Have I mentioned recently that I HATE Ticketmaster? I was ready and waiting at 9:50, refreshed at 10, and couldn't even get to the ticketing portion until 10:03. By which point I couldn't get tickets. Bastards! I got 0 for the presale. Grr!!!

Have I mentioned recently that I HATE Ticketmaster? I was ready and waiting at 9:50, refreshed at 10, and couldn't even get to the ticketing portion until 10:03. By which point I couldn't get tickets. Bastards! I got 0 for the presale. Grr!!!

Same here....Two days of pre-sales and still no tickets. Must not of been that many tickets available to the presales to have gone within seconds like that....Unbelievable and totally frustrating.

Thanks! I've got a new and different reason to hate ticketbastard.......it won't work on my work computer. For some reason, the special code that you have to type in (the thing in weird text) doesn't show up, so I can't actually buy tickets. The weird text showed up with Frontgate, but for ticketmaster it doesn't. Oy!