Jeff Tweedy at the Paramount Theater, Charlottesville VA, 8 Dec 2010

Even so, NYC-area wilco shows have been great. The two shows at the Wellmont in April were fantastic, and the show at Dutchess stadium summer of 2009 remains one of my favorite all time concerts to date. Tarrytown was a far shorter set than the Bowery, so that makes me think it was a venue request to have the show shortened.

Wilco outside of Manhattan is better..Wellmont and Brooklyn were both phenominal...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the unfortunate guy who spoke to the girl. She wouldn't stop talking, after Jeff made the "Awesome" vs "Shut up" comment, I tapped her on the shoulder and mentioned to her that Jeff told her to shut up. She went ballistic on me, her boyfriend started to pick a fight with me, slapped my knee, she gave me the finger for 1/2 a song, then asked me how I liked the show. I told her that I'd like it a lot better if she would settle down. She stormed off for the 2nd half of the set. Then reappeared towards the end of the John Lennon song "god". I didn't want a confrontation, so I left as soon as the song was over. She looked completely manic. I felt sorry for Jeff, having to put up with her annoying banter.

A bunch of people thanked me for talking to her, during the show and while I was running out!

i was one of the guys who thanked you as you were leaving.

i was in the row right behind you, on the aisle.

i saw that the boyfriend character was looking kinda riled up too.

and i told my friend beside me that i totally had your back if anything was going to happen.

sorry you had to deal with those a-holes, but on behalf of everyone in that section, thanks for saying something to her.

slapped my knee

:hmm Then I don't feel so bad for him after all.

I've seen plenty of good shows in the New York area, both Wilco and Jeff solo. One of my favorite shows was at The Chance in Poughkeepsie just after A Ghost is Born was released. It was a very small theater and the show was amazing.

That was such a great show (and the night AGIB clicked for me).

torrent up:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=540833

Jeff Tweedy

December 8, 2010

Paramount Theater

Charlottesville, VA

**16 bit source**

Source: B&K4022(90 deg/in hat) > Sonosax > 744T

Transfer: 744T>soundforge(fades/levels)>cd wave>wavelab(resample/UV22)>flac

Taped by mark lynn

Transferred by: craig davis

One Set

Disc One:

01 Sunken Treasure

02 I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

03 One Wing

04 Muzzle of Bees

05 Via Chicago

06 I'm Always in Love

07 Solitaire

08 Cars Can't Escape

09 Hesitating Beauty

10 The Ruling Class

11 You Are Not Alone

12 Hummingbird

13 Jesus, Etc.

Disc Two:

01 Gun

02 New Madrid

03 I'm the Man Who Loves You

04 Shot in the Arm

05 Dreamer in my Dreams*

Encore:

06 At My Window, Sad and Lonely**

07 California Stars^

08 Passenger Side^

09 Give Me Back the Key to My Heart^

10 God^^

notes:

* at stage lip/no PA

** w/ Pat & John (Wilco/Autumn Defense)

^ w/ the Autumn Defense

^^ w/ the Autumn Defense, John Lennon cover, 1st time played

When you say "downloaded" you mean you did the whole bit torrent thing, right? If your answer was, "yes" you now have to convert the FLAC flies to WAV files and then burn them to a disc. You can't put the FLAC files on a disc and play them in a CD player. You can download FLAC converters for free.

that is indeed one option

other options: for streaming purposes, winamp will play/stream flac files

Nero also will read flacs as wav files and burn them straight to cd

otherwise, google "flac frontend" once you have it, drag and drop the flac files into the window and hit decode to convert them into standard 16 bit wav files

there are also several programs which will covert the flac files straight to mp3 if you just want them for an ipod, etc... google "flac > mp3 conversion"

I recorded the show from about 3 rows in front of the soundboard (24bit/48kHz source). I'm well-versed in all kinds of tech (those bits of extraneous HTML code in my previous replies notwithstanding - that was my iPad's fault), but I know nothing about mastering audio. If anyone wants to take a crack at it, they are welcome to it - just shoot me a PM. If you want a sample to determine if it's worth it given the other sources available, let me know.

Thanks everyone else who taped - downloading now.

Can't thank the tapers enough, snatched both copies. That version of God is truly amazing, would love to see Wilco try some beatles covers, and do more covers in general.

If he hates ny, then i really don't want to know what he thinks of Philly having played here solo twice, once in 2001 and this year at the folk festival.

Of topic here but if anyone snatched the philly show at the troc from 2/14/97 off of dime in late October and can go on and seed for me Id appreciate it. I have no idea how i missed it the first time around as i check dime daily. It says there are 3 seeders but they are AWOL. That show was a top 5 concert for me. Thanks.

Can't thank the tapers enough, snatched both copies. That version of God is truly amazing, would love to see Wilco try some beatles covers, and do more covers in general.

If he hates ny, then i really don't want to know what he thinks of Philly having played here solo twice, once in 2001 and this year at the folk festival.

Of topic here but if anyone snatched the philly show at the troc from 2/14/97 off of dime in late October and can go on and seed for me Id appreciate it. I have no idea how i missed it the first time around as i check dime daily. It says there are 3 seeders but they are AWOL. That show was a top 5 concert for me. Thanks.

I am seeding the show now.

I am seeding the show now.

Thanks A-man. Actually think it was somehow my issue as I was never listed as a leecher. Had to delete the torrent and add it 3 times before it "took." Downloaded 92Gig's off dime and never had that problem. Again, sorry for being off topic.

Thanks A-man. Actually think it was somehow my issue as I was never listed as a leecher. Had to delete the torrent and add it 3 times before it "took." Downloaded 92Gig's off dime and never had that problem. Again, sorry for being off topic.

I think 4 out of the 6 seeders are firewalled.

Never run into that. I'm assuming being firewalled means no one can get to your data? If so, why be a seeder?

It means no one can connect to you, that is correct. I think it is due to not knowing how to fix it, or maybe the person is unable to fix it due to some limitation or restrictions on their connection. I just switched to cable internet, and I seem to still be ok, as far as I can tell.

It means no one can connect to you, that is correct. I think it is due to not knowing how to fix it, or maybe the person is unable to fix it due to some limitation or restrictions on their connection. I just switched to cable internet, and I seem to still be ok, as far as I can tell.

Not that I'm some sort of nube, I work in telecom and know how firewalling works. Just dont understand why you would be a seeder then block it with a firewall. I think your explanation makes sense. That troc show sounds great, almost like a sbd.

This version of God continues to impress, worth the pull for that alone.