RIP Gerry Rafferty

I recall when the City to City album came out. I was in the 8th grade.

I was a bit younger but I do actually remember it. I could have my memories all mixed up but I remember Baker Street and Shadow Dancing (Andy Gibb) battling it out as the #1 song at that time. Seems like those 2 songs were everywhere.

I still listen to City to City on occasion.

I was a bit younger but I do actually remember it. I could have my memories all mixed up but I remember Baker Street and Shadow Dancing (Andy Gibb) battling it out as the #1 song at that time. Seems like those 2 songs were everywhere.

I still listen to City to City on occasion.

It has a cool album cover.

rest in peace, gerry.

although sporadic, his output is heavy.

"stuck in the middle with you" - dylan at his finest

baker street - warm whiteboy soul with lyrics that the genre never seem to match.

i always feel his ghost when i hear some al stewart "year of the cat".

production values, era, maybe vibes.

to leave us with a great song or two, or three.

I think that's called a helluva legacy.

This song always takes me back to summertime, hanging around with friends by the neighborhood pool listening to this on the lifeguards radio.

This song always takes me back to summertime, hanging around with friends by the neighborhood pool listening to this on the lifeguards radio.

When we were kids, my sisters and I made a mixtape for my mom called "Station Wagon Rock" and this was a prominent song on it. While I must admit that I never cared much for it, this song most certainly brings back happy memories. :)

i just loved the dude's voice. his songwriting at times was touch and go for me, but damn he had some great ones. city to city is such a great album and everything good about the slick late 70s. RIP brother.

I woman came into the Borders where I work p/t last night and was mad that we didn't have any Gerry Rafferty. I wanted to say, "We didn't know he was going to die suddenly, causing you to want to buy some of his music, and by the way, since you only want Baker Street, and maybe Stuck in the Middle With You, just go to iTunes."

I woman came into the Borders where I work p/t last night and was mad that we didn't have any Gerry Rafferty. I wanted to say, "We didn't know he was going to die suddenly, causing you to want to buy some of his music, and by the way, since you only want Baker Street, and maybe Stuck in the Middle With You, just go to iTunes."

:lol She may have wanted Right down the line as well.