that photo on the link i posted initially shows horn as not aging too well. i would definitely go see them if Downes was playing in the band. he's a powerful player. oliver wakemen is a nonentity from what i can see. i'm a drama fan too, so this seems interesting.

Not sure I have a ton of interest in seeing them, I think they kind of douched Jon. It's one thing to replace a key member when they are gone or they decide to leave, it's another to do it because they are sick and you want to tour, just my opinion.

I would be shocked if this thing is even half listenable but I'll give it a shot.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to the '94 Yes album 'Talk'. Forgot how good some of the songs were on that record. A somewhat undervalued album in the Yes catalogue. I still listen to that ABWH album and the subsequent live release.

I was listening to the '94 Yes album 'Talk'. Forgot how good some of the songs were on that record. A somewhat undervalued album in the Yes catalogue. I still listen to that ABWH album and the subsequent live release.

Talk has a few great tunes, The Calling being one of them. i've never been able to get into that ABWH stuff. it seems that after 90125 everything they did got progressively more sketchy. they did have a few singles along the way.

anyway, the new album is called Fly From Here and is coming out in July. i think i'm going to go see them with styx.. i know jon anderson is not with them, but geoff downs is...so it's kind of like a drama reunion tour. i'm really looking forward to hearing some drama tunes live.

• 2 months later...

Talk has got some bloody awful lyrics on it though.

I've got tickets to see this "reconditioned" Yes in November. Bringing my old man along. Not sure on the new album, can't quite get over the new vocalist sounding spookily like Jon.

Talk has got some bloody awful lyrics on it though.

I've got tickets to see this "reconditioned" Yes in November. Bringing my old man along. Not sure on the new album, can't quite get over the new vocalist sounding spookily like Jon.

That is why they hired him, of course.

I read an interview with Jon yesterday. He was talking about doing an album with Rick Wakeman.

Jon Anderson on Being Booted From Yes: 'Anger Isn't There'

The project with Wakeman and Rabin, which the trio expects to start recording soon, will likely be more conventional. "It's an ongoing creation," says Anderson. "We've written three, four songs at the moment. Whether we tour it, I don't know. We'd like to, but we'll see how everybody's schedule is for next year.

I read some rumors somewhere a while back that he was going to re-join the band. I guess that is not true. It sounds like they are back to feuding again.

I thought he was only out of the band in the first place due to health issues. WTF?

I guess the deal is he got pissed off because they would not wait for him to recover from his illness. And also - that they hired that dude from a Yes cover band, and went ahead with the tour. I hope someone writes a book someday about all these bands that do such things. It's sort of funny that they (Yes) are touring with Styx right now.

i've listened to the new album a few times. there are about 3 good songs on there that rival anything the band has done in the last 20 years. that being said, it's sounds exactly like you'd think. way over-produced. sounds like all the other 'new prog' that's been produced over the years.

i'm going to see them tomorrow night in atlanta. i got a cheap ticket.

jon put out another album with some random musicians last year called Survival. what i've heard is pretty good.

c

Yes (LOL)

I just meant it's sort of funny as they too hired a guy to replace their lead singer.

Styx also didn't want to wait for DeYoung to get over an illness before a tour, they went out without him, though there were other issues going on, too.

Maybe this was answered already somewhere but does Chris Squire own the name? He seems to be the only constant in the line up.

I sat down last night and tried to play "starship troooper" on guitar, that whole song is a challenge. Except maybe the "wurm" part which I nailed! :)

Maybe this was answered already somewhere but does Chris Squire own the name? He seems to be the only constant in the line up.

I sat down last night and tried to play "starship troooper" on guitar, that whole song is a challenge. Except maybe the "wurm" part which I nailed! :)

It seems to me I read that somewhere - that he owns something to do with the band's name.

Styx also didn't want to wait for DeYoung to get over an illness before a tour, they went out without him, though there were other issues going on, too.

That's right. Also, the same thing with Journey, I think.

It seems to me I read that somewhere - that he owns something to do with the band's name.

The existence of Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe would suggest that Squier owns the name.

Yes. Again. Ha.

I liked that Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe LP. Probably better than some of the other Yes albums.

Also, this version of Yes has got Wakeman's son in it, not Wakeman.

This lineup doesn't tempt me at all, but I'd jump at the chance to see the "Classic Yes" (with Alan White) and I'd skip just about any other show to see the Classic Yes if Bruford was on board. I still regret missing the Yes tour a few years ago when they were playing half-house arenas with Roger Dean designed stage sets.

Yes. Again. Ha.

I liked that Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe LP. Probably better than some of the other Yes albums.

Also, this version of Yes has got Wakeman's son in it, not Wakeman.

not anymore... oliver wakeman's out, geoff downes is in.