• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Nice choices Todd.

NP:

k0OsGt.jpg

^ Nice choices Todd.

NP:

k0OsGt.jpg

Nice choice, yourself! (Was it inspired by the "Crazy Guitar Solo" thread?)

I need to pick up some Sonny. Used to have Seize the Rainbow, but that was on cassette and it was a long time ago. I loved it, but it is now long gone. I'm thinking that Ask the Ages is first on the list for Sharrock albums. You agree?

Nice choice, yourself! (Was it inspired by the "Crazy Guitar Solo" thread?)

I'm thinking that Ask the Ages is first on the list for Sharrock albums. You agree?

Yeah, I'm sure subconciously the Sharrock pick was inspired by the chaotic guitar solo thread.

And, yes, "Ask the Ages" is the one to start with. Such a great record!

41YgljjCLpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This is excellent!

What is it?

51zWG5BoD1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg 51y7g0FLoHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Okkervil River - I Am Very Far

EMA - Past Life Martyred Saints

On a bit of a winning streak this morning. Two more fantastic albums.

I am presently digesting both of those, and have been listening to these two as well:

The-Pains-Of-Being-Pure-At-Heart-Belong.jpg?1299950325 yuckcover.jpg

Both are really good, but Yuck took me totally by surprise. Fans of 90s rock - especially J.Mascis/Dinosaur Jr., Pavement, etc will probably really dig this. Really surprised by how much I like this one. Just a throughly enjoyable listen from beginning to end (not to take anything away from POBPAH's candy lyrics over Pumpkins guitars).

I am presently digesting both of those, and have been listening to these two as well:

The-Pains-Of-Being-Pure-At-Heart-Belong.jpg?1299950325 yuckcover.jpg

Both are really good, but Yuck took me totally by surprise. Fans of 90s rock - especially J.Mascis/Dinosaur Jr., Pavement, etc will probably really dig this. Really surprised by how much I like this one. Just a throughly enjoyable listen from beginning to end (not to take anything away from POBPAH's candy lyrics over Pumpkins guitars).

Agree on both of those, too. Especially Yuck. I'm usually not too enamored with '90s throwbacks, but that is a very enjoyable listen.

wbs_smother_web.jpg

Wild Beasts - Smother

A much more delicate piece of art then their previous works. First TV On The Radio, now Wild Beasts. Who's next?

UPDATE:

fleetfoxes_1.jpg

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

Once again, not impressed by the hype.

antlers_3.jpg

Antlers, The - Burst Apart