Covers that make you want to commit a capital crime

Holy crap.

This borders on blasphemy.

Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche...

the manfred mann earth band?

manfred mann should really be exempt based on the huge number of brilliant covers he and his band did in stage 1 and 2 of his career - in this case 3 wasn't the magic number, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

the manfred mann earth band?

manfred mann should really be exempt based on the huge number of brilliant covers he and his band did in stage 1 and 2 of his career - in this case 3 wasn't the magic number, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

What are the other ones? Having only heard this atrocity, I never gave them the time of day to look into their other tunes.

What are the other ones? Having only heard this atrocity, I never gave them the time of day to look into their other tunes.

there are loads and loads, not from Mandfred Mann Earth Band, but from their eariler career:

So Long Dad - By Randy Newman

With God On Our Side - Bob Dylan

there are loads of Dylan covers actually, their singles tended to be covers (or at least songs not written by themselves)

Rod Stewart has had a good go at destroying alot of my favourite songs. I can't listen to 'Downtown Train', 'Tom Traubert's blues' or 'I Don't Want to Talk About' without thinking of Old Rod.

there are loads and loads, not from Mandfred Mann Earth Band, but from their eariler career:

So Long Dad - By Randy Newman

With God On Our Side - Bob Dylan

there are loads of Dylan covers actually, their singles tended to be covers (or at least songs not written by themselves)

Have you heard that Tony Hazzard record? It's awesome.

Rod Stewart has had a good go at destroying alot of my favourite songs. I can't listen to 'Downtown Train', 'Tom Traubert's blues' or 'I Don't Want to Talk About' without thinking of Old Rod.

"People Get Ready"

manfred mann should really be exempt based on the huge number of brilliant covers he and his band did in stage 1 and 2 of his career.

No he shouldn't. Nor should anyone else. Rod Stewart did excellent versions of Maybe I'm Amazed and I'm Losing You, among other things, but that doesn't earn him a pass for his later atrocities.

Thanks for all the Manfred Mann (and related artists) knowledge, though. I'll try to check some of that stuff out.

That exists? :stunned

It's on this album, which I've never listened to, but I remember Crow's cover being on the radio quite a bit in the mid 90s.

I'm assuming that 4 Non Blondes' Misty Mountain Hop would win the all time prize in this thread. I'm going to keep it an assumption. Please don't make me experience it for realz.

Have you heard that Tony Hazzard record? It's awesome.

I have heard it, but don't have it. Yeah it is pretty good - I had it downloaded on one of my old hard drives that died on me.

No he shouldn't. Nor should anyone else. Rod Stewart did excellent versions of Maybe I'm Amazed and I'm Losing You, among other things, but that doesn't earn him a pass for his later atrocities.

Thanks for all the Manfred Mann (and related artists) knowledge, though. I'll try to check some of that stuff out.

Rod Stewart did a lot of great covers until he went off to America - my person favourite is Mama You've Been On My Mind. I've never liked Maybe I'm Amazed, not even McCartney's version.

The 2nd stage Manfred Mann is great - with Mike D'Arbo - they did some top notch Baroque Pop in that period.

I listened to a version of Oasis' Don't Look Back In Anger earlier this week that hurt my ears. Wish I could find it somewhere. It was on this podcast called Latin Roll, Rock en tu idioma and the guy was singing in English but clearly didn't understand it. Pronouncing the ger part of anger like ginger.