Jeff walking around?

without them playing in town that night? no.

But I did meet Nels at a record store here in Portland. I saw Glenn walking around talking on his cell phone, i just waved and smiled.

John was walking with some lady. Talked to him briefly.

When Jeff played here in Portland in February, I waited outside of his tour bus for like an hour. haha. I gave him my bands CD and he signed my acoustic guitar.

Saw Jeff and his wife at Ikea in Schaumburg one night last summer. Would've said hello but I was taking our boy to the bathroom to change a full diaper. I hope Jeff appreciates that I passed on that photo-op. :-)

Yes, but not so much in recent years. He does occasionally go hear music or go shopping. Don't hold your breath on this though. No stalking please!!!

You are more likely to see other band mambers at shows where others are playing.

LouieB

this from the same brother who thought the dad in Arrested Development was the bald guy from Night Court...

I haven't seen Jeff walking around but the dad from Arrested Development (Jeffery Tambor) was in front of us at a Whole Foods check out once.

I was walking my dog a couple summers ago and caught up to the 4 Tweedy's also walking down the same sidewalk. We walked behind them for 1-2 blocks. They got in their car and my dog immediately peed on the tree next to it!

I'm also nearly positive that I passed Jeff driving from MI to Chicago this past year. He was driving so slow! I thought for a bit about slowing down to see if it was really him or at least getting in front of him to see if he'd notice my "Searching for a home Via Chicago" license plate holder. Decided against it.

Pat also nearly ran me off the sidewalk on my block last summer riding his bike and talking on his cell phone all at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my daughter to the New Haven show for her 13th birthday and we caught up with Jeff on the sidewalk downtown. He was jogging and just came up the street in front of the Shubert. He was very friendly and posed for several pix (no legs in shorts, waist up only!) He took a birthday request and closed the main set out with "On and On" for her. We had printed the photos at home and fortunately crossed paths on the sidewalk after the show and he signed them for her. It was a great show, a great day. She's got her Wilco shrine in her bedroom (and some King Crimson stuff). Definitely a nice guy if not harassed.

It's kind of crazy that your more likely to run into Billy Corgan than Tweedy! I've met Corgan numerous times and he's always been very nice and talkative,And actually took my friend and i out to breakfast back in the day when we were waiting out in front of a record store in the wee hours of morning.He nonchalantly came walking around the corner and asked us if we were hungry.Lol