Earthquake on East Coast

I live in eastern NC and just felt an earthquake. Apparently a 6.0 somewhere in Virginia, felt all the way up to Mass. NYC felt a rumble, but the people in DC first worried about a bomb - bad memories, unfortunately. Anybody else feel it? My first one. No big deal, but weird.

I was talking to an east coast FB friend and realized that she's felt more earthquakes this year than I've felt here in so cal. That makes me nervous, actually.

That makes me nervous too. Weird weather seems to be happening more and more.

At this point Hurricane Irene projects a likely path right through most of the areas that felt the earthquake, so I'm really hoping there's no major damage with the quake. There's not a whole lot of clean up time between now and Fri/Sat landfall.

There was one in Colorado today too, the strongest in 40 years. It was a 5.3...I'm sure these quakes are totally unconnected, but still, it's kind of odd to be having quakes in areas that usually don't, as well as being on the same day!

There was one in Colorado today too, the strongest in 40 years. It was a 5.3...I'm sure these quakes are totally unconnected, but still, it's kind of odd to be having quakes in areas that usually don't, as well as being on the same day!

Wow, I knew nothing about this and I live here. Does this mean Yellowstone is going big?