2011-12 NCAA Football

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Aggggggggggggggggggggggggie!

Goodbye.

Loved the result. Hate the fact that UT and TAM are not going to play every year. One of the few non-Michigan football games that I look forward to every year as it didn't matter what the records were, you were going to see an exciting, hard-hitting football game.

GO BLUE!!!! BEAT THE BUCKEYES!!!!

HAIL!

7 years of living hell are over. MEEEEEEEEEECHIGAN 40 Buckeyes 34. It sure is nice to be rooting for a winning football team that can run the ball and play good defense (the 34 points today notwithstanding).

It obviously didn't mean very much. But it was one of the more satisfying regular season victories I've experienced as a fan.

I find it very interesting that all my t-sip acquaintances are responding like jilted lovers. (It's really prevalent among the T-shirt fans. The alums maybe a little less so). Nobody's gloated to me personally, but then, my passion is for my school. not the football team.

The split was inevitable.

When UT, OU, OSU were threatening to go to the Pac 10, A&M never signed on for that. If the Big 12 was going to be history, then A&M was heading east.

The back story on the concerns with the Longhorn network is pretty interesting (emails between A&M and the Big 12 office started well before it became public. Interestingly, A&M apparently didn't contact the SEC until after it was decided to leave...at least that's when the first email went out.)

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the club, Buckeyes fans!

:wave

Our motto for the last two years was "You can't sanction the endzone." The best you can do next year is enjoy as many wins as possible and grumble about the NCAA. It's more fun than it sounds.