2011-12 NCAA Football

Hell of a game between Baylor and TCU last night - nice way to start the college football season.

Of course Notre Dame is already stinking up the joint in the first half - interesting weather related delay, but I am sure the State of Indiana is still reeling from the State Fair and rightly so. Today's weather moving through the stadium did look pretty bad.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Ann Arbor for the Michigan-WMU game and I am certainly glad they called it when the did. Driving back home from the game there was a tremendous thunderstorm with abundant lightning and and high winds. I certainly would have been very dangerous to be in the stadium when that one hit. Good thing Michigan was up and about to score again when saner heads prevailed. I am already looking forward to next week, the first night game in the Big House against the Irish. Here is to one team going to 2-0 and the other going to 0-2.

I was in Ann Arbor for the Michigan-WMU game and I am certainly glad they called it when the did. Driving back home from the game there was a tremendous thunderstorm with abundant lightning and and high winds. I certainly would have been very dangerous to be in the stadium when that one hit. Good thing Michigan was up and about to score again when saner heads prevailed. I am already looking forward to next week, the first night game in the Big House against the Irish. Here is to one team going to 2-0 and the other going to 0-2.

Earlier in the second half we were still on our way back to Ann Arbor from the west, driving in sunshine and wondering what the hell the radio commentators were talking about.

When that particularly violent storm blew through we sat in our living room and watched out our picture window as the huge trees across the street strained to remain upright in the heavy winds. It was pretty terrifying, actually. We live a mile west of the stadium, so I'm sure they were getting the same winds over there.

I have no big problem with those. They're a little ... brash. But I like where they were going with the design, even if they didn't quite end up with the optimal result.

And seriously, what does Oregon know about hideous? They did this:

9194371-standard.jpg

I am already looking forward to next week, the first night game in the Big House against the Irish. Here is to one team going to 2-0 and the other going to 0-2.

Yep, ugh. I don't think either team played well. The mistakes from Notre Dame were dreadful. Michigan's throw backs looked pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

58-0, the Jug stays in Ann Arbor. The 2011 Golden Gophers just might be the worst Big 10 team of all time. And remember, this is coming from someone who has seen just about every Michigan home game during the RichRod era, so I know what a bad football team looks like.

GO BLUE!!! Beat Northwestern!!!

58-0, the Jug stays in Ann Arbor. The 2011 Golden Gophers just might be the worst Big 10 team of all time. And remember, this is coming from someone who has seen just about every Michigan home game during the RichRod era, so I know what a bad football team looks like.

You know Indiana is in the Big 10, right?

GO BLUE!!! Beat Northwestern!!!

Yeah, I think you're right. As bad as some of those Indiana teams were, I don't think they ever lost to a 1-AA (FCS) team at home by two touchdowns like UM did to North Dakota State, their loss to New Mexico State loss was pretty bad too.

--Mike

I'm a big Michigan fan but there's no way they should be ranked as highly as they are (#12 AP, #11 USA Today). Their 5-0 record earns them a place somewhere in the top 25, but I'm not sure they could beat any of the other teams in either poll.

I'm a big Michigan fan but there's no way they should be ranked as highly as they are (#12 AP, #11 USA Today). Their 5-0 record earns them a place somewhere in the top 25, but I'm not sure they could beat any of the other teams in either poll.

I think it's going to be a great game tonight at Northwestern - I am suspecting an upset. Just wish I had the Big Ten Network...

Well, this is why I don't gamble. :lol

Edited by calvino

My Kansas State Wildcats are 6-0. Hopefully we'll take care of KU this weekend and then move on to a tough four-game stretch of OU, OSU, Texas A&M and Texas in the following weeks. Not all of our wins have been pretty, but we've found ways to win. Nice to be bowl eligible already.

Still not sure what to make of KSU. Of course, with a second consecutive Rangers postseason run to the World Series, my focus has been purely on baseball.

Still not sure what to make of KSU. Of course, with a second consecutive Rangers postseason run to the World Series, my focus has been purely on baseball.

We're a solid squad. Have one of the greatest coaches of all-time. A tough-as-nails quarterback who makes the plays when they need to happen. A ferocious linebacker with running back speed. Like I said, we find ways to make the big plays and win. Have won some very tough games on the road, battling it out all four quarters.

If we beat Notre Dame this week, we'll be bowl eligible!

...But not really.

This may be the post of the season. And you should want to beat ND just because they are ND, any other benefit from beating them is just a bonus.