Guest McGuffin

I still don't understand why you felt the need to comment. However, all of your comments that I've seen are negative to some degree.

Your comment is negative as well.

Think of it in terms of Less Than You Think. You know it's 12 minutes of noise, right? Have you listened to it more than once? I doubt it. I read a few sentences, saw Less Than You Think and didn't bother with the rest of it.

It's not a very difficult concept to grasp. I just didn't bite on the self-indulgence.

Hope this helps.

Guest McGuffin

Interesting that you use the term 'intelligentsia'...I had originally used it, but I dropped it because I found it to be too pretentious.

Somehow, I find it fitting that you used the term.

My use of the term "Intelligentsia" is "too pretentious." How? I like the coffee and drink it. No pretentiousness there, chief. Nice try though on the attack dog front. :wave

I, too, was unsure about reading Crow's post when I saw the length but i am glad that I had, and used, the time to do so. Earnest and honest musings on a subject that the poster is interested in. That's what message boards are all about.

McGuffin's post was a lot shorter and took no time at all but I am not glad that I read it. Irrelevant to the post, negative simply for the sake of trying to look superior and causing a "Fuck, he likely acts that way in person" realization. That's what message boards are all about.

Angel or devil? Internet, I trip through your wires.

Think of it in terms of Less Than You Think. You know it's 12 minutes of noise, right? Have you listened to it more than once? I doubt it. I read a few sentences, saw Less Than You Think and didn't bother with the rest of it.

It's not a very difficult concept to grasp. I just didn't bite on the self-indulgence.

Hope this helps.

I was simply noting that I had used the same term, and the reasons why I decided not to use it.

I think it is pretty interesting that we would both use a relatively obscure term in an indie band thread.

And I really don't care that you didn't read the post. I'll admit it is somewhat self-indulgent.

HOWEVER, feeling the need to post that you didn't read it instead of simply not reading it is, well, self-indulgent.

Guest McGuffin

I'll admit it is somewhat self-indulgent.

HOWEVER, feeling the need to post that you didn't read it instead of simply not reading it is, well, self-indulgent.

Agree 100% with that first statement.

Disagree with the second statement. I read the first paragraph or so and then saw the length and stopped. If you post on the internet and aren't concise, many folks won't bother reading your work simply due to length.

Oh, and you should mail order yourself some Intelligentsia coffee. Top notch, I say. :love

Oh, and you should mail order yourself some Intelligentsia coffee. Top notch, I say. :love

I get it now...you were making a cute reference to the coffee. I thought you were using it in the literal sense (as I was doing...hence my deletion of the term on grounds of pretension).

Hope this helps.

Don;t even want to search for the cartoon that depicts the dbag saying I can't go to sleep now, something is wrong on the internet.

Crow Daddy nails it and I should have been more lucid in my commentary as I think one of my semi-sodden postings once alluded to this very idea once so pithily stated by the Starship: ``Fuuuuuuuuck you we do what we want.'' God Bless em for that.