Less Than You Think

Life is better when you filter out the background noise...

Guest Speed Racer

Life is better when you filter out the background noise...

I'd rather listen to the drone than read McGuffin's posts. The ignore function is the 'skip' button of VC. :lol

LTYT is such a great song, and I really do like the drone. I think it's a great way to wind down the album. The Late Greats is a wonderful finishing touch afterward.

I'm staying out of it (although this McGuffin character seems to be taking delight in poking at me...)

A troll is born.

Oh, I'm here to entertain, impart wisdom and take a few of the fanboys down a notch. Reading all the posts about having the album before release and saying it's amazing and a "masterpiece" really just make me laugh. :wave

There is a Wilco song that would be appropriate to reference here. If only I could remember which one...

Since I fear that McGuffin was confused by the above, the song is Pot Kettle Black.

I apologize to everyone else for quoting myself.

Guest McGuffin

Mr. Stewart...that's pleasant. Grow up and learn self control.

Now, I'm going to put on the White Noise box set. Ten discs of pure, unadulterated, droning white noise. It's amazing!

• 1 year later...

i love the album version of this. doesn't glenn play the hammer dulcimer? my end-around is that i've tweaked the digital file to cut off at around 3:02. if on vinyl, i'll just let it spin. cd? prolly skip after the song proper.

never heard it live, but i've heard it on a boot.

I think it is great live.  shortened version of drone leading into another song.  the opening two songs from the last Ryman show were LTYT - Art of Almost.  

good times. 

The payoff of the Late Greats is so much better if you go through the whole drone. Just listened to my vinyl copy of AGiB while working; not conducive to skipping songs.

I agree with the first sentence, but couldn't imagine listening to it during a workout.  Lots of Wilco tunes in my running playlist, but Less Than You Think is not one of them.  Pretty sure Late Greats has been on it, though.

I agree with the first sentence, but couldn't imagine listening to it during a workout.  Lots of Wilco tunes in my running playlist, but Less Than You Think is not one of them.  Pretty sure Late Greats has been on it, though.

Ha! Not work-out, but working. As in desk job.

• 3 years later...