The RTT

Guest Jules

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say no, as well, if Nirvana were still playing under the assumption. Grohl's like one of the biggest biggest names in the music biz these days and it's intersting to think what would have been had Cobain lived. At least for me it is.

I think Nirvana would've broken up pretty close to around when Cobain would've died. Cobain could've either gone on to an unsatisfying-to-the-audience Lauryn Hill/Axl Rose type of wacky career spattered with rehab news or he could've gotten straight and managed a healthy critical and commercial following in his solo career, singer-songwriter style. Dave Grohl would be who Dave Grohl is today either way.

I picture Cobain becoming more Neil Young-ish in terms of kind of pulling a hat down low on stage and cranking out some great tunes and living, relatively, out of the limelight. There's supposedly an acoustic album he was working on that doesn't have a lot of the edge that Nirvana tunes had that, supposedly, Love is adamant about not wanting to have it released and Grohl and Krist want it out. 

Whatever, though, he's gone.

Grohl needs to play drums more and do everything else less.

He really is a great drummer. There's another side project he's doing now with  Jello Biafra and dudes from Corrosion of Conformity and Slipknot and shit. Dude has his hand in a lot of different projects.

I think those dudes and McCartney should do an album or at least an EP.

I'd say no, as well, if Nirvana were still playing under the assumption. Grohl's like one of the biggest biggest names in the music biz these days and it's intersting to think what would have been had Cobain lived. At least for me it is.

you mean his wishes to be the Led Zeppelin's drummer? (oh, that wont happen)!

his hand will be the first to go up... and he admitted that!. jason would be the better choice though

Jason has the name but Grohl plays more like John Henry, IMHO.

The only music I listened to today was from Trampled By Turtles (live). Pretty good stuff. They're no Giving Tree Band but they'll do when in a bind.