Top Ten Ways to Give Wilco a Shot in the Arm

Friend, happy to speak!

I already make many suggestion for this motive (as in evidence of search button on this site if you have the persuasion), with lemon flares in top priority position (for it is too much to ask for the sexy-op for Mr Jeff Tweedy and Mr Pat Sansone so that they have the double female throat for next Wilco effort, so I discontinue this request in particular - though Professor from Stockholm think it still has some legs for merit).

In truth, with guidance of thoughts of late beloved Stig, the Wilco already make great progress to ways of the Abba, as brought in evidence by magnificence of pop effort on some tracks of last album. So I have special pride of the happy bunny and make little PM of grateful to Mr Jeff Tweedy (with special package treat of the pine also sent to Lofty place). I have been taking the Wilco as a horse to the river of the Abba, and they have been drinking in full measure, to make a turn around of the phrase we say in Sweden

Friend, take a scale from eyes and see truth in what I say. Believe, there can be no better progress! All is well with the Wilco while they follow this course. But if you hear of extended break in Wilco schedule of tour, then perhaps it is time for the sexy-op! Ha! ha!

Welfare!

'nuff said.

(that is one seriously awesome word salad right there!)

Reading the title of this thread I thought the discussion was going to be about the best ways to support our favorite band.

1. Aside from buying their music and t-shirts, consider delivering the band a nice warm home-baked apple pie post sound check. This kind gesture can really give them a much needed "shot in the arm." As road-weary musicians, they forever long to be back home, and baked goods can really give them the boost they need to get through the week.

Sorry OP, but this is a Wilco fan forum, you'd be in better company elsewhere...not sure what you were thinking.

The really sad thing is that this show was sold out, which means that a perfectly good ticket for a perfectly good fan was usurped by the likes of this mouth breathing agoraphobe.

Idiot.

Otismyman, I like your style.

Discussion and opinions even dissenting ones about the band are completely fine here. There is nothing wrong with expressing dislike for records, live shows, songs, etc. Or suggesting changed you'd like to see. But coming here seemingly to troll up traffic for a webboard well, otismyman, pretty much took care of expressing my thoughts on the matter.

Bad timing, post-WTA, this would have been a lot more interesting, but as far as I'm concerned Whole Love was their shot in the arm, and all is well. Seems a lot of you feel the same way.

You know...if any of you are feeling particularly saucy, you could head over the blog and ridicule him mercilessly.

I would...but i have to go floss my teeth.

For reals? We could earn a spot on your blog...like for reals?

I was at the Ryman night one and it blew me away. Except they didn't play via Chicago. I can live with that.

Discussion and opinions even dissenting ones about the band are completely fine here. There is nothing wrong with expressing dislike for records, live shows, songs, etc. Or suggesting changed you'd like to see. But coming here seemingly to troll up traffic for a webboard well, otismyman, pretty much took care of expressing my thoughts on the matter.

Bad timing, post-WTA, this would have been a lot more interesting, but as far as I'm concerned Whole Love was their shot in the arm, and all is well. Seems a lot of you feel the same way.

Thank you my brother.

You know, Greg Allman used to say about the Allman Brothers Band back in the 70's, that, at that time, they were "right in the pocket" meaning that they were never better right at that time.

Please forgive the analogy here and perhaps some of you disagree, but it's just that I feel like this band is right in the perfect zone right now. The chemistry, at least from the seats, seems never better, the new record is so phenomenally good, it's hard to find a bad song in the live sets right now. The shows are so damn good, and they are playing so well. The crowds are hanging on every note. Central Park in the rain in September was one of the great concert experiences of my life.

And yet it makes me a little sad because - like a knife balanced on its point - you know it can't last forever. Someone will eventually leave, the chemistry and creativity between people eventually changes. And they are just playing in the moment right now, it's a great, great time to be a fan of this band and I just want to drink it all in while I can.

So when I see posts like this from an illiterate ass hat, it makes me wish this board had a "taser" function. Long Live Wilco!

Thank you my brother.

You know, Greg Allman used to say about the Allman Brothers Band back in the 70's, that, at that time, they were "right in the pocket" meaning that they were never better right at that time.

Please forgive the analogy here and perhaps some of you disagree, but it's just that I feel like this band is right in the perfect zone right now. The chemistry, at least from the seats, seems never better, the new record is so phenomenally good, it's hard to find a bad song in the live sets right now. The shows are so damn good, and they are playing so well. The crowds are hanging on every note. Central Park in the rain in September was one of the great concert experiences of my life.

And yet it makes me a little sad because - like a knife balanced on its point - you know it can't last forever. Someone will eventually leave, the chemistry and creativity between people eventually changes. And they are just playing in the moment right now, it's a great, great time to be a fan of this band and I just want to drink it all in while I can.

So when I see posts like this from an illiterate ass hat, it makes me wish this board had a "taser" function. Long Live Wilco!

Cheers. Waiting in line for bathroom at show tonight at Vic. Monday's show was astounding. I mean surreal good, like the reviews I was reading about stops prior to Chicago. I walked away thinking I will likely never see a show this good again, Wilco or anyone for that matter. Tuesday at the Riv was weird, the pacing seemed odd, but when they put a ribbon on at the end I realized they did something a little different, and brought it home spectacularly. Will never see a show like that again either.

To see a truly great band in their prime is a once in a lifetime experience. It was great to see, and I really want them to decide what to change and when. I find I have a lot better time when I go along for the ride and they drive.

You have to remember they're still promoting their newest album. They're still adjust setlists. They're learning to lean less on Spiders, I'm A Wheel, and I'm The Man Who Loves You.

1. Nels fits fine. Pat has moments to shine. Same with Michael (turn up the damn volume for him during A Shot In The Arm). Glenn has some moments to shine too. Wilco have already stated that they're attempting to pool together different influences into one sound.

2. Noise jam is fine. In fact, it's beautiful and perfect. If you don't understand the reason it's there, then don't mess with it. There's several great reasons they kept the sample there including the alienation, disconnection, numbness, and apathy. They've done it without the noise jam before, and it's just not the same. I mean, just come out and say you don't like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. No one will hate you: we accept and embrace all opinions.

3. Older songs see new harmonies and different arrangements from albums already. There's Sunken Treasure, Kingpin, I'm Always In Love,Poor Places doesn't even sample Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Theologians (has seen several minute changes), details abstained, and lets not forget about a constant change in equipment. What's not there is equally as important as what is there.

4. I wouldn't mind seeing that. But this is not a valid complaint, but rather a wish.

I don't think Wilco needs a reboot. I haven't seen a valid reason to suggest they've grown stale. If anything, they need to vary their setlist a lot more once again. But they usually do this after the first year of promotion of an album.