Shins "Port of Morrow"

:yes

Marty was the only person in the old lineup worth watching on stage

I enjoyed watching the drummer in the old lineup when I saw them live or on TV. He didn't draw attention to himself, but he had some pretty inventive drum parts that were a lot of fun to watch.

Spinner can be very hit-or-miss with their selections, but it's always good to check. It's been more than five minutes, though -- let's hear the review.

Undecided. It definitely requires a few listens, and Mercer has earned that from me.

the 2nd SNL track is nice but really corny, like top 40 radio style. Nothing wrong with a good pop song but this just wont get repeat plays from me. Too bad cause I love dude's voice. Guess I'll stick to my Broken Bells records

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS8gxsHQwnU

I'm actually really digging this song. This performance on SNL was the first time I had heard it and thought it was very "ok" but it has came through randomly on my Ipod twice in the last week which further proves my theory that my ipod has a brain and reacts to my every thought but thats for a different forum. Anyway I know this song doesn't have alot of teeth and is pretty easy to listen to but those two qualities werent always negatives.

At first listen I was fairly unimpressed (except for Simple Song), but the more I listen the more I like it. Beautiful stuff from Mercer as usual.

I scored great seats for their Boston show, and my wife and I are really looking forward to it.

I'm often surprised at how many people are willing to dismiss a band or album after one listen. Some of my all-time favorite albums were "growers".

Still not sure on this one...I feel like there are no stand out tracks on the good side, only bad.

"It's Only Life" seems destined for a "dramatic" Grey's Anatomy scene (my wife will let me know, I'm sure).

"The Rifle's Spiral" is a great starter for the album but it's followed by the corny "Simple Song" and "It's Only Life." It gets a bit better from there but there's nothing really special here. It's just an okay album. I'm only disappointed in it because we had to wait 5 years for something that's just average.

the 2nd SNL track is nice but really corny, like top 40 radio style. Nothing wrong with a good pop song but this just wont get repeat plays from me. Too bad cause I love dude's voice. Guess I'll stick to my Broken Bells records

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS8gxsHQwnU

i don't like the new album much, but i don't really think this song sounds like top 40 pop at all.

and by sticking to your broken bells records i'm assuming you meant record.

the real treasure is in the first two albums by the shins. particularly the second one. to my ears anyway.