Lady Gaga is the greatest artist of the 21st Century (so far)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really...I don't think she has brought anything that new to the table. In fact she took a lot form other artists (Madonna / David Bowie MJ.....). When is "line dancing" just another line dance....this is what they all do.

I think the days of "Rock Stars" having a wide cultural impact went away with the 60's.

Don't get me wrong she has huge talent as a songwriter and performer but I think the youth of today knows about the religious and sexual orientation options....they don't need a rock star that charges $100+ for tickets.

Really...I don't think she has brought anything that new to the table. In fact she took a lot form other artists (Madonna / David Bowie MJ.....). When is "line dancing" just another line dance....this is what they all do.

I think the days of "Rock Stars" having a wide cultural impact went away with the 60's.

Don't get me wrong she has huge talent as a songwriter and performer but I think the youth of today knows about the religious and sexual orientation options....they don't need a rock star that charges $100+ for tickets.

obviously she is heavily indebted to her predecessors, but it's not the 70's or 80's, it's the 21st century, and we need a broader global village perspective. religion doesn't mean just the christian right, it can extend to mean muslims, jews, etc. : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18073961

and i'm not even considering her as a musician or a rock star. I'm considering the media to be her medium. the 21st century media of the internet as well as the traditional mass media. she plays them all like an instrument.

i actually like her more than Madonna. i always thought madonna was full of shit with her bisexual crap and we see where that got her in relationships.

am i the only super liberal that doesnt believe in bi sexuality??

Allsome.

I think the "substance" of Lady Gaga is one of the most over-exaggerated takes on an artist in the pop media right now. I think Justin Bieber is just as interesting as Lady Gaga (which is to say only kinda) and someone like Justin Timberlake is much more interesting.

Homogenized dance pop with weird costumes...... meh.

I'm impressed with anyone that writes their own songs but other than that, I think she tries way too hard to be edgy and exciting and she bores me to tears.

Guest Jules

So you guys think a man can be bisexual for reals?

Yes I think it's possible for a man to enjoy fucking both men and women. Why is this so hard to believe?

If she's the greatest artist of the 21st C (so far), I'm glad the century has barely begun. She's un-orginal in thinking she's original. Sounds like other artists, dresses like other artists, likes to try and stir up talk by being so "shocking" in antics/words, etc. She's a talented singer, musician, and entertainer but beyond that she's more hype than substance, imo.

And, for the record (in case some of you are keeping a record of stuff like this), I believe in bi-sexuals like I believe in leprechauns.