Wilco to headline Snow Daze Festival in Vail, CO Dec 15

• 1 month later...

So my birthday is that week, and my girlfriend and I were thinking of going in for the "private reserve." Which is an extra $200 for the concert plus, "access to a preferred viewing area adjacent to the stage as well as complimentary food and beverages." Do you think it is worth it? We have never done a kind of VIP thing for a concert. Any input is appreciated.

Griddles: A couple questions you need to ask yourself:

1) Do you have the money to kick down?

2) Will spending the extra $200 ($400 total??!) help, in any way, you to get laid that night?

3) Can you eat/drink $200 ($400 total??!) worth of food/booze?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info regarding the preferred seating vs GA tickets? Preferred is sold out, and I'm wondering what spots are available for GA ticket holders. The site says that preferred holders get early entry to an area adjacent to the stage. I'd rather be in front of the stage vs adjacent to it...

I'm thinking of flying to CO for this, but am hesitant if it means getting a lousy spot.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So psyched for the show tonight!!!

Saw The Shins on Thursday and it was a pretty kick-ass show. The cold weather caused some technological mishaps and it made for a great show in the end. James' main guitar went dead during the first song and he ended up using a back-up for the whole show. Lots of improvising and jamming to make up for having to tune and re-tune every few songs due to only having one guitar for the whole show. It was pretty fun to watch them deal with everything. I was way more impressed with the band than at the show I saw earlier this year at The Gibson Amphitheater.

Can't wait to see how the cold (and possibly snow) play with the Wilcos tonight. Also the stage is pretty small, so I imagine they are going to be cramped in tighter than I've seen them before.

Got a setlist from The Shins show... crossing my fingers for tonight too!

Was Jessica playing with The Shins? Heard she left recently to concentrate on her own band Deep Sea Diver.

Nope, she wasn't with them in Vail. A guy whose name I didn't totally catch but might have been Matt was playing lead guitar.