Chicago teachers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louie, others who teach or a related to people to teach in CPS: Does the union have funds to pay the striking teachers anything substantial while the strike is on?? Could get really scary financially. As there has been talk of strike for months, I hope people were able to build up some savings, but yikes!

Your brother from another mother.

Which reminds me, I need the keys to the lake house. Thinking of heading up there tomorrow.

you will need to bribe the cartel grunts at the doors with cocaine and easy women.

Maybe Rahm should consider putting city workers into the schools while the strike is being figured out. The Streets and San guys could provide real world education and training to the children of Chicago. Imagine the benefits!

Maybe Rahm should consider putting city workers into the schools while the strike is being figured out. The Streets and San guys could provide real world education and training to the children of Chicago. Imagine the benefits!

NOW, you're making some sense.

You forgot a "mad," chiefy....

No, YOU forgot a mad.........wait, now I'm back to not making sense.

NOW, you're making some sense.

Whew!!

They'd last about a day....maybe a week, even.

It is really interesting that the Unions wants to take on Rahm...and in this economic climate.

Chicago’s War on Education

http://www.globalres...r-on-education/

Did you think this article was useful in any way?

I didn't learn anything substantive about the strike, since the author didn't bother to write about anything that was being fought over. I did learn that the author thinks Rahm is the city's worst mayor ever, without anything to back up the claim.

It really is no secret that both the right and the near left are going to keep beating up on the teachers unions. If private sector unions were stronger (or more than barely existed) then this would not be such a big deal. But now that the "relative" stability and profitability of teacher"s jobs seem like the holy grail they are going to be used as public punching bags. . What the CTU did accomplish was stop Rahm from beating up on them at least temorarily. But if anyone thinks this is over, they are sadly mistaken. I don't think any teacher in Chicago is fooled.

LouieB