Chicago teachers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. As far as i'm concerned, I think Louie B has the floor from here on ...

Nope, I am done. I just spoke to my striking wife. The two issues are recall for laid off teachers and evalluations and there is a possibility it may end soon. I sure hope so for everyone's sake.

What won't change is the perception that teachers are greedy, self centered, and selfish. It is okay for the private sector owners and employees to act that way because it is the American way, but teachers who sacifice each day, they get painted in broad strokes (as do all public employees). So it goes.

LoiueB

why is that relevant?

the point is that these excellent professionals are due a fair contract, right , count ?

soo be it if he recieves education from the Swiss Guard or a brown squirrel in Wilson Park ?

oui?

Spenser goes to a public high school. I am sure if you ask him he will tell you where.

its kind of like the location of the Wilco loft, it isn't really a secret.

Up to the minute updates - the Local 1 VP is saying they are close. The Pres says they aren't so it is good cop bad cop and I am guessing it is going to be over soon.

Oh those bad bad teachers.....

LouieB

Spencer is 16 and does go to a public high school in Chicago. I recommend his blog to anyone interested in following the development of a young artist. He's a musician and photographer but it seems to me that his real strength lies in writing. He has interesting things to say and he conveys them really well.

Edit: Sorry to get OT.

Spencer is 16 and does go to a public high school in Chicago. I recommend his blog to anyone interested in following the development of a young artist. He's a musician and photographer but it seems to me that his real strength lies in writing. He has interesting things to say and he conveys them really well.

Edit: Sorry to get OT.

It seems you know a lot about him.

2stalk

verb

\ˈstk\

Definition of STALK

intransitive verb

1: to pursue quarry or prey stealthily

2: to walk stiffly or haughtily

transitive verb

1: to pursue by stalking

2: to go through (an area) in search of prey or quarry

3: to pursue obsessively and to the point of harassment

— stalk·er noun

2stalk

verb

\ˈstk\

Definition of STALK

intransitive verb

1: to pursue quarry or prey stealthily

2: to walk stiffly or haughtily

transitive verb

1: to pursue by stalking

2: to go through (an area) in search of prey or quarry

3: to pursue obsessively and to the point of harassment

— stalk·er noun

Let's look for a definition of "fan," shall we? As Nigel Tufnel said, "it's a fine line between clever and stupid." Perhaps the same applies between fan and stalker. Following someone's blog is not stalking.