Favorite bands with dual Lead Guitar Players

I think that this one might be a little more challenging than the dual singer one. At least once we get past the obvious ones.

Television

Thin Lizzy

Judas Priest

Rolling Stones (yeah, Keef plays some leads, too.)

XTC (ditto for Andy... no slouch)

How has no one mentioned the Allman Bros yet? Pretty much the first and best.

That is the first that came to mind with me....and Skynyrd Too.

Hands down Duane and Dickey...listen any of the work, it is untoppable. Shame it did not last long

MMJ Jim James plays some lead (more than just a little).

How bout our boys...3 leads?

Pearl Jam is not 2 leads....Stone plays 99% rhythm.

Iron Maiden is another.

Yeah, I should have included them in my first post. Definitely. Love Maiden.

No doubt. Nothing comes close to Duane and Dickey twirling those harmonized lead lines around each other.

Yep, the ABB has ALWAYS had that going on, whether it was the original recipe, or any other configuration. If you like the Brothers you are most definitely a guitar freak!

^ I still consider Stone lead. My favorite solos on PJ songs (and some all time favorites) are Stone solos

I agree, especially since the op put the Stones in there. Gossard carries most of the first few albums. Maybe not traditional lead in that he plays tons of solos, but he's doing the heavy lifting through the guts of the songs. Listen to what he's doing being the solo on Porch and tell me it's not dual lead.

Black Crowes are another band in a similar vein. Rich carries the tunes and they've almost always have the classic lead player that would follow him, but he's always stepped up for the occasional spotlight moments.

Skynyrd was able to weave 3 guitars better than just about any band I can think of. Try to learn a tune from their heyday and play it on one guitar you gotta jump from part to part and do some fudging to make it sound good on alot of it.

ABB set the standard and bands from just about every genre under the rock umbrella owe them a debt of gratitude.

Beatles have alot of cool interwoven parts. I wouldn't necessarily call them dual lead by what has become the traditional sense, but lot's of nice exchanges and stacked parts throughout their career.