• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

NZ dates announced:

5 April Wellington

6 April Auckland

http://www.groovegui...ounce-two-shows

Damn!

I'm in Melbourne and will be flying to the USA on March 30 (Easter Saturday) and am really hoping they visit Melbourne before Bluesfest - but those NZ dates leave 3 nights between when Bluesfest finishes and when they start in NZ. So it's likely Melbourne dates will be in that window :worried

Damn!

I'm in Melbourne and will be flying to the USA on March 30 (Easter Saturday) and am really hoping they visit Melbourne before Bluesfest - but those NZ dates leave 3 nights between when Bluesfest finishes and when they start in NZ. So it's likely Melbourne dates will be in that window :worried

They're playing their second Bluesfest slot on April 1. They'd want April 4 off I suspect, given that, with the time change, it takes 6 hours to get to NZ. So only two days off (maximum three). Looks like a good spot for the Brisbane sideshow. If they play two shows in Melb/Syd again they could do Apr 2+3, but even then there isn't a guarantee that they would be the Melbourne shows (Sydney would be closer, not that it matters much since they'll be flying).

Anyway, the point is I wouldn't assume that you'll miss both Melbourne shows just yet.

In the Wilco update email I received this morning there is no mention of a Sydney show!

Surely they couldn't by-pass Sydney?

2013 Wed, Mar 27 Melbourne, Australia Hamer Hall On sale: Oct 24 Byron Bay, Australia Bluesfest Tickets Fri, Apr 5 Wellington, New Zealand Town Hall On sale: Nov 1 Sat, Apr 6 Auckland, New Zealand Town Hall On sale: Nov 1

The FasterLouder article says Love Police hinted 'at least one' more show will be added. The actual Love Police comments are a bit vague, but there should be a few more.

Given the tour will only be a few weeks, I can't imagine them having gaps of a few days between shows, so I think its safe to say at least two more shows will be added (one between Melbourne and Bluesfest, and one between Bluesfest and Wellington). FWIW my bet is on the tour being similar to their others - 2 Melb, 2 Syd, one Brisbane, one Auck, one Wellington. I hope so anyway because I've already hit my boss up about taking time off for their headlining shows.

...or not. This is what Love Police actually said (amongst a long presser):

Wilco have been invited back to perform at the 2013 instalment of Byron Bay’s historic Bluesfest – where they last tore up the stage in 2008 – and while they’re in the country they’re going to play a headline show of their own to placate (well.. at least some of ..) their ever-expanding Aussie fanbase.

The sensational WILCO have announced shows at Byron Bay’s Bluesfest & Melbourne’s Hamer Hall. It is fair to assume they may be playing another show around that time. Stick with us, and we will let you know real soon what is rollin’.

Finally back to NZ,

I was getting used to the annual visits there for a while so it's been a long wait!

I promised myself I would get to Auckland and Wellington on the next tour, only did Welly last time, it's a little tricky since I live slap bang in the middle, but I can justify it since it's two years late:)

hey melbournians, any tips on getting good tix?. i've been past the place a million times but never inside!.. :cheers:

Some info here (including seating plans) - http://www.artscentremelbourne.com.au/discover/venues/hamer-hall.aspx

Only been there once but it seemed like an OK venue (would have preferred they play the Palais). I'd go for the balcony if you want a good view, or stalls if you want to be close. Having said that, there wasn't anywhere that would be too bad.