Wilco to play Australia- REALLY!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second row. I hoped they'd sell out fast, which would surely guarantee a second show. Not there yet, but they seem to be going steadily (no premiums left)

Finally back to NZ,

I was getting used to the annual visits there for a while so it's been a long wait!

I promised myself I would get to Auckland and Wellington on the next tour, only did Welly last time, it's a little tricky since I live slap bang in the middle, but I can justify it since it's two years late:)

I've got a recording of the Wellington show if you're interested.

Second row. I hoped they'd sell out fast, which would surely guarantee a second show. Not there yet, but they seem to be going steadily (no premiums left)

I've got a recording of the Wellington show if you're interested.

Oh I sooo want that recording!! I didn't think there was one, thats me Jeff talked to about my She's a jar request:)

In my pic is one of Glens drumsticks from that show too.

Congrats on the good seats.

Some info here (including seating plans) - http://www.artscentr...hamer-hall.aspx

Only been there once but it seemed like an OK venue (would have preferred they play the Palais). I'd go for the balcony if you want a good view, or stalls if you want to be close. Having said that, there wasn't anywhere that would be too bad.

Damn, that's a pricey ticket. I'd hate to see what the going rate is for a "big" foreign act...

Damn, that's a pricey ticket. I'd hate to see what the going rate is for a "big" foreign act...

Australia is notorious for high concert ticket prices. Part of it is that its a long way away, and you can't play as many shows. But part of it is that we just get ripped off. Bob Dylan in 2010 cost me $175, Radiohead are only $130, Soundgarden were $130, Roger Daltrey's cancelled show was $150... You get the idea

The ticket price is a bargain, as always! I just wish the Hamer Hall purchasing of tickets for Wilco was the same as the last couple of shows I have seen/am about to see there. Bargains too, for great performers ... that is not the issue! Since Hamer Hall re-opened after renovations tickets were only available through Hamer Hall itself, rather than Ticketmaster. I could pick my own seats, which to me was a great advantage. The reason is of no importance to anyone else! I was a bit pissed off to find we had gone back to the bad old days when I went to get tickets this morning. I couldn't pick my seats. I took the ones that were offered only because I COULDN'T choose. Tried again and did better but it took a long time and it shouldn't have. Why weren't the seats all the same price??? It's not a huge difference anyway and anyone who loves Wilco would happily pay the extra 25 bucks ... and being able to pick your own seat and being able to see what is still available is priceless, to me. Not many things improve these days. I thought the new ticketing system for Hamer Hall was a big improvement over the old Ticketmaster system. I thought it would be the same for Wilco. I ended up getting seats that are fine for what I want, but it was ONLY through luck and perseverance and a headache! It should have been easy and I thought it would be, but it wasn't. Whinge, whinge! Roll on March!

Last Friday on their facebook page they said: Hang in there Sydneysiders, it's a comin. Surely it can't be too far away.

Still lots of Melbourne tickets left, surely thats a good reason to do both?

I would seriously love another drive down the Hume. I've done it only once and loved it.

Oh I sooo want that recording!! I didn't think there was one, thats me Jeff talked to about my She's a jar request:)

In my pic is one of Glens drumsticks from that show too.

Congrats on the good seats.

I've stuck this up on my blog (link in sig) if anyone else wants this.

Also, the lineup for Saturday night at Bluesfest now runs - Wilco -> Iggy and the Stooges -> Robert Plant. I'm thinking I might have to travel up there.

I've stuck this up on my blog (link in sig) if anyone else wants this.

Also, the lineup for Saturday night at Bluesfest now runs - Wilco -> Iggy and the Stooges -> Robert Plant. I'm thinking I might have to travel up there.

Thanks HEAPS!

I just listened to She's a jar and have sore cheeks from smiling so hard lol. Got my GA tickets for Auckland and Welly this morning too:)

If I could go to Bluesfest I'd want to catch Glen Hansard as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm row BB in the middle, so row 3. Seems like the arts centre was a bit off with their timing and had the net sales open early. We purchased those tickets at 8.50am when they were meant to go on sale at 9, not sure when they went on sale.

Still stoked to be third row!