How goes it, Northeasterners?

So if the meteorologists are right, the Northeast is due to be seriously slammed with a "monster storm". I hope you've all got the supplies you need to cocoon for awhile and not need to go anywhere! Be safe and don't try to drive anywhere if it can wait.

Let us know how you are faring. Lovely pictures of fresh snow are encouraged!

Hate snow and hate the bad weather..I am here in NJ and during major storms I work at the office of emergency management. I am dreading any storm because 1) I have to drive in it to get to the OEM 2) I can be gone for days... During Sandy I was working double shifts for 12 days non stop. After it is all done I feel good that I was able to help but being away from the fam and the nights of interupted sleep takes me days to recover!

:stunned

Snowing and blowing like crazy here outside Boston. So far still have power. Still a long way to go with this one.

Was about to write the exact same thing (from Arlington).  

They say the heaviest snow and wind will be between now and 5:00 AM - and it's very windy and snowing pretty hard right now.  

Was about to write the exact same thing (from Arlington).  

They say the heaviest snow and wind will be between now and 5:00 AM - and it's very windy and snowing pretty hard right now.  

Reporting from Needham. Howling out there. The electrical map shows 100% of Dedham and parts of Needham without power, we are right next door still with power. http://www.boston.com/news/weather/specials/snow_power_outage_map/

Coastal towns are being evacuated.

Easily 2 ft here this morning, all roads in Connecticut closed.  Doesn't matter, because the snow is piled that far up the door, so we have a full day of digging out ahead of us.  Never lost power.  It's still coming down a little bit.  Tomorrow is going to be a great ski day!

Storm has moved on to New Brunswick, CA. Left behind 31.9 inches in Portland. With the wind (wild wind gusts today, 50+ mph), how they got it identified as 31.9 inches is beyond me. Drifting was crazy.

Looks like we got less than that here just north of Portland - maybe 26 inches or so. Kids have built a snow tunnel/fort that should last a while.

We got about 2 feet in Providence. Now dealing with poorly plowed street. Yesterday there was rain and 40 degrees and today the sun is out so hopefully there will be more melting. Someone said there were a few more storms coming our way this week but haven't looked at the weather yet. Don't want it to ruin my day. Took some snow pics on Sat after the stormimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg