Glenn's Delta Faucet Ad

I can only imagine what kind of budget they had for this.

Those faucets sell for $400, so I'm sure they won't have trouble coming up with the cash. I'd imagine that Mr. Kotche's house was recently fitted with a bunch of expensive faucets. 

If you live in Chicago and want to see Glenn play actual percussion, he is at Constellation on June 7 at 9 PM with Jeff Parker, Fred Lonberg-Holm, and Mike Reed. 

LouieB

If you live in Chicago and want to see Glenn play actual percussion, he is at Constellation on June 7 at 9 PM with Jeff Parker, Fred Lonberg-Holm, and Mike Reed. 

LouieB

Decided to go the Son Volt show ---- it was a very tough call. Still need to make to the Constellation venue.

I was offered a ticket to see Wayne Shorter that night too at Symphony Center, but think I will opt for this gig..  It is well worth checking this venue out.  Good sound and a large room.  (I am sure Son Volt will be good, but I was so bored at the last show a few years back it is hard to think about another show of theirs.)

LouieB

My five-year-old son wanted a drum set for his birthday after seeing Glenn's commercial.  Which is funny, because he was using faucets...

Anyway, my kid can idolize Glenn Kotche any time.

This Delta ad is the most boring Wilco-related thing of all time. And that's really saying a lot, if you think about it.

but that's really not saying much if you think about it. they probably have the least boring vs great material of any band in history or at least that's played as long as they have. they can play 7 8 even 9 or more new songs from their latest album every single show they play and that my man is UNHEARD of

Decided to go the Son Volt show ---- it was a very tough call. Still need to make to the Constellation venue.

I am also going to the Son Volt show at Park West, and have been looking for the right opportunity to czech out Constellation.  Let me know the verdict if you make it there before me.

This Delta ad is the most boring Wilco-related thing of all time. And that's really saying a lot, if you think about it.

^^ That is the most boring comment on this thread.

With the possible exception of that one ^^.

LouieB

Dang, I'll be at the Vic. 

but that's really not saying much if you think about it. they probably have the least boring vs great material of any band in history or at least that's played as long as they have. they can play 7 8 even 9 or more new songs from their latest album every single show they play and that my man is UNHEARD of

I wasn't talking about their music though. I was thinking of Wilco coffee and shit like that.

Dang, I'll be at the Vic. 

I was offered a ticket for Wayne Shorter at Symphony Center that night, but opted for the Constellation show instead.  Initially I thought I made the wrong decision.  Only Fred and Glenn had ever played together before (amazing that he had not played with Jeff Parker, who plays with Nels quite a bit.).  I thought they got off to a slow start and didn't jell that well.  This was a purely improv show, with no planning or basic composition at all.  They got better during the first half and then took a long AACM type break, during which about half of the audience split. It was the second half that really took off and made the entire night worthwhile.  It seemed to be Mike Reed's night to be on.  It is his club and he made the most of playing with these three. 

LouieB