Autumn Defense Appreciation Thread

I did a quick search and unless I missed it, this thread doesn't exist yet!

Broke out the "Circles" album and listening now for the first time in several years.  After seeing them so recently at SSF, the songs resonate for me even more.  And I didn't remember how lush the production is -- horns, all kinds of keyboard effects, and I think I just heard a loon call!

Actually, seeing them at all three Solid Sounds has been a high point of the festival for me each year.  The first year, when they played in Hunter Auditorium, I thought they sounded rich and gorgeous (I remember a reviewer called it "countrified shimmer."  Perfect.)

John and Pat's contributions to Wilco are invaluable, but I just wanted to give A.D. a nod for the pretty, pretty music.

I would like to see them live myself, as I think it would give me a real appreciation for their efforts. What I've heard of them on record didn't grab me, but then that's how it was for me with Wilco originally, back in the dark ages. Then I saw them live and they eventually became one of my favorite bands of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally love A.D. They are tight and to see John and Pat as front men is great. I've grown to really appreciate what great musicians they really are. I can't say enough about the harmonies either. I hope they keep this going for a long time to come.

• 2 weeks later...