I'm not saying what she did is right - just that I understand... :devil

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/eagles-fan-stabbed/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I get it, and it's not that I don't like the Eagles or anything, I actually do like them.  I once had a roommate who played Van Morison 24/7, before he moved in I loved Van, within months I hated Van, it's only now over 20 years later that I can listen to Van Morison again.  I will admit that even in my Van hatred period I still used Crazy Love as our wedding song.

I went to an Eagles concert five or so years ago with my in-laws. My wife and I left before the first encore. We learned later that had we stayed, we would have witnessed a brawl a few rows in front of us during "Take it Easy." Apparently multiple beers were thrown into faces and one of the ladies brandished her high heels as stabbing weapons. So apparently it's not all that uncommon.

I am not ashamed to admit that I like the Eagles. I'm a guitar guy, and the Don Felder/Joe Walsh duo is/was one of the best.

I'm a guitar guy too, and I actually enjoy a lot of their guitar work. I just could never get into their songs. I have the same issue with Skynyrd, Steely Dan and Zappa. Great musicians all, but the music's not for me.

I'm glad you guys (most of you, anyway) took this in the spirit in which it was intended. Just a bit of fun.

I'm a guitar guy too, and I actually enjoy a lot of their guitar work. I just could never get into their songs. I have the same issue with Skynyrd, Steely Dan and Zappa. Great musicians all, but the music's not for me.

I can totally understand not getting into The Eagles, but I never understood the outright serious hostility towards them some folks have. It's kind of like hating vanilla.

But Zappa? Brother, give him another chance. That is a whole universe of weird, wonderful, diverse music there.  :guitar

Let's put aside The Egos for a minute. That's what I've always called them - The Egos.  Let's ask the question: what band(s) makes YOU go all stabby?

For me - LA glam metal mid-80s generally, Poison specifically. That shit is MINDLESS. I just don't get it.

I can totally understand not getting into The Eagles, but I never understood the outright serious hostility towards them some folks have. It's kind of like hating vanilla.

But Zappa? Brother, give him another chance. That is a whole universe of weird, wonderful, diverse music there. :guitar

I think any "hatred" I have toward them is due to them being chronically overplayed on the radio. Not their fault, though. Also, I kinda hold them responsible for ushering in the age of outrageously expensive concert tickets.

As to Zappa, man, I've tried. My best friend and long-time drummer is a Zappa nut, and has been playing me stuff for years. A lot of the the music is good, but I hate the silly voices, etc. I love comedy and music, but only separately. Again, top notch playing, though.

Take it easy, people. In the long run, they are Joe Generic's music, so they sell shitloads of music and sell out concerts. 

I will cut you!

Let's put aside The Egos for a minute. That's what I've always called them - The Egos. Let's ask the question: what band(s) makes YOU go all stabby?

Any Nu Metal (Staind, Godsmack, Linkin Park, etc).

Also modern top 40 auto tune stuff.

But thanks to my iPod, I never have to listen to the radio any more. So no one needs to die.

As to Zappa, man, I've tried. My best friend and long-time drummer is a Zappa nut, and has been playing me stuff for years. A lot of the the music is good, but I hate the silly voices, etc. I love comedy and music, but only separately. Again, top notch playing, though.

Yeah, if you don't go for the comic stuff, I'd try to steer you toward instrumentals like "Black Napkins" and "Watermelon in Easter Hay," or more straight ahead songs (with lyrical content) like "Village of the Sun" and "Trouble Every Day." So many different styles and so much great guitar work.

I think any "hatred" I have toward them is due to them being chronically overplayed on the radio. Not their fault, though. Also, I kinda hold them responsible for ushering in the age of outrageously expensive concert tickets.

True about the ticket prices, they were the first "rock" band to have the $100 ticket.  I am sure even if they never led the way we would still be in the same place today with the crazy prices.