I am not a fan of Christmas or the holidays in general

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally I got that tune in an xmas tune compilation from someone. For years I had no idea who sang it or what it was called so I just referred to it as the "White Trash Xmas" tune. Fitting title.

Just thinking of that tune makes me hanker for a Bloody Mary.

I have never liked New Year's Eve/Day.  It's such a melancholy time and the countdown to midnight is always anti-climactic.  I adore Auld Lang Syne though, but that is not specifically a New Year's thing.  Eh.  Christmas, though?  LOVE.  For me, the depression sets in when it's over. 

put the

xmas lights up yesterday. Always a mortality based theme running through my mind as I fumble on the roof.

later in the evening, I kept thinking "The cops are here! oh wait its just the lights, it's just the lights"

I have never liked New Year's Eve/Day.  It's such a melancholy time and the countdown to midnight is always anti-climactic.  I adore Auld Lang Syne though, but that is not specifically a New Year's thing.  Eh.  Christmas, though?  LOVE.  For me, the depression sets in when it's over. 

yeah, it's kind of the real beginning of winter and personally pushes me into the winter doldrums even further than I already am.

we put up our tree yesterday. it was kind of nice. have lights up outside. I'm ready for Winter Solstice so we have more daylight; the extra darkness is a killer!

I leave the xmas lites up all year long, hung up in my screen porch. My wife hates it, says it reminds her of a bar. I secretly agree with her and like 'em for that very reason. Cheers!

I leave the xmas lites up all year long, hung up in my screen porch. My wife hates it, says it reminds her of a bar. I secretly agree with her and like 'em for that very reason. Cheers!

I have one set that we leave up year-round on the back porch but they are mini lanterns and are enclosed under the edging of the back porch roof. 

I have one set that we leave up year-round on the back porch but they are mini lanterns and are enclosed under the edging of the back porch roof. 

Yep, pretty much what I do except I have multiple strands all connected together.