Every kid that has ever played baseball has dreamed of playing and winning Game Seven..

Man as dominant as KC was last night, I can't see them losing.  The last time a road team won a game 7 was back in 1979.  But..  Bumgarner will be available for a relief role.  Guthrie just has to give the Royals a few good innings...  

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same here.  You can't help but be a little star struck..  For a team that scored 10 runs the last game and kept it close last night, they get completely shutout when Bumgarner is put in.. The guy is the MVP of the world.  

It was a heck of a ride though for the Royals.  They're young and the future it bright.  

Pretty amazing performance by Bumgarner.  I wonder if any other starting pitcher has ever gotten two wins and a save in the World Series.  I know Bob Gibson pitched three complete games and got three wins in the 1967 World Series. 

Well, he would have joined Randy Johnson for having 3 wins, if they didn't change the box score last night.

In the 2001 World Series, Randy Johnson won & started Games 2 & 6 and came on in relief of Curt Schilling in Game 7 and faced 4 Yankees and took them down. He wound up with the win thanks to Luis Gonzalez in the bottom of the 9th. 

I don't recall what stats Fox was throwing out there, but I don't seem to recall them mentioning Randy Johnson's name. I had to look that up, but I do remember how they kept trying to say how we've never seen anything like this in a 100 years. 

Nothing against Bumgarner at all. That was AWESOME! 5 innings vs. 1.1 IP for Randy Johnson is a pretty big difference, but I'm sure there are other such records that they omitted to bump up the moment. 

Edit: Let me elaborate on this…what was the record that dated back to the early 1900s because his low ERA is amazing at 0.25, but Jon Lester has 0.43 and he just pitched in '07 & '13.

Bumgarner: 0.25 36 IP vs Lester: 0.43 21 IP. 

OR….Orel Hershiser started Games 1 & 3 of the 1988 NLCS, but didn't get the wins. However, he got the save for Game 4 after starting Game 3 and eventually got the CG shutout for Game 7. 

Madison Bumgarner wins the games that matter.

Clayton Kershaw does not.

Kansas City has nothing to be ashamed of at all. I look at it this way: with the team that they had they lasted 7 games with the San Francisco Giants in the World Series. 

Remember the 2010 Texas Rangers? That pitching staff & offense - They only won 1 game & the 2012 Detroit Tigers were swept with Verlander & Scherzer bookending Games 1 & 4. 

I now know every player on the Kansas City Royals & I'm sure I'm not the only one either. They'll be back. 

With that being said….Jake Peavy is a lucky m.f.

Ha. 

That game was amazing. You couldn't ask for a better situation to end the game. Home team underdogs down 1 run, bottom of the 9th, 2 out, runner on third, your all-star catcher at bat, an insanely hot pitcher on the mound.

Luckily for this Giants fan, the fairytale script broke and the good guys won. ;)

But seriously, I was impressed with the royals. I never watch AL ball so this series was my first exposure to them. They're a great young team that should be in the postseason for many years to come.

And what about those Giants?!? 3rd World Series title in 5 years -- just amazing! As a fan who's suffered through 3+ decades of bad/mediocre/good-but-not-good-enough teams, I can't put my head around the fact that we have a dynasty here. So wonderfully bizarre.

That game was amazing. You couldn't ask for a better situation to end the game. Home team underdogs down 1 run, bottom of the 9th, 2 out, runner on third, your all-star catcher at bat, an insanely hot pitcher on the mound.

Luckily for this Giants fan, the fairytale script broke and the good guys won. ;)

But seriously, I was impressed with the royals. I never watch AL ball so this series was my first exposure to them. They're a great young team that should be in the postseason for many years to come.

And what about those Giants?!? 3rd World Series title in 5 years -- just amazing! As a fan who's suffered through 3+ decades of bad/mediocre/good-but-not-good-enough teams, I can't put my head around the fact that we have a dynasty here. So wonderfully bizarre.

3+ decades of bad/mediocre/good, etc., teams? Sounds an awful lot like my Royals. This was our first series since '85. And it was a hell of a series. Bumgarner's a machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Baseball is awash in money and Stanton is the best power hitter in the NL. Contract Numbers are gaudy, but, ultimately, not surprising.

Not a lot of response in the thread this year...

Let's pick it up in 2015