Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed- not to mention it was way cool to meet you and CAG and sample some delicious wilco themed cookies. Regret Mags and i passed on the jerky. Meeting you briefly was a highlight of the weekend for me!

Each experience is indeed wonderful, yet unique in it's own way.

May the road rise to meet all of us (sic) in 2017!

This was fun to read. It gave me some insight into some events/acts that I did not see, and makes me realize that there is whole lot going on at SS. And that there is a whole lot of good beer available.

Huge thanks to Curtis Nichols for capturing the moment of launch of our "Merry Pranksters" beach ball appreciation of 20 years of Wilco! At the end of the 4th song of Saturday night's set, we simultaneously launched 20 beach balls over the Solid Sound audience, first to Jeff's confusion and then to his delighted grin, as the band segued into a stellar "Art of Almost". What fun that was! Thanks to all the Merry Pranksters involved, and I hope some audience members (especially the kids!) got to carry home a beach ball inscribed "Celebrating 20 Years of Wilco!" as a unique and unexpected souvenir of SSF #4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHfEA5GBTaw

Look closely and you'll catch Jeff smoothly bopping a ball lobbed onstage (by my daughter) right back into the audience, never missing a beat! I guess he's seen his share of things coming onstage over the years, and has learned to field them! Smooth as silk.

Huge thanks to Curtis Nichols for capturing the moment of launch of our "Merry Pranksters" beach ball appreciation of 20 years of Wilco! At the end of the 4th song of Saturday night's set, we simultaneously launched 20 beach balls over the Solid Sound audience, first to Jeff's confusion and then to his delighted grin, as the band segued into a stellar "Art of Almost". What fun that was! Thanks to all the Merry Pranksters involved, and I hope some audience members (especially the kids!) got to carry home a beach ball inscribed "Celebrating 20 Years of Wilco!" as a unique and unexpected souvenir of SSF #4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHfEA5GBTaw

Look closely and you'll catch Jeff smoothly bopping a ball lobbed onstage (by my daughter) right back into the audience, never missing a beat! I guess he's seen his share of things coming onstage over the years, and has learned to field them! Smooth as silk.

I was with two kids who loved the beach ball launch!