Extended break...or permanent

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jules

Will be so exciting, but hopefully it won't mean tix will be even harder to come by and Solid Sound will be crazy crowded, expensive, etc. Trying to stay positive!

Cause it would be terrible if they were successful and in demand.

It's going to be a seriously ecstatic reunion (band + fans) when they do start coming around again. Will be so exciting, but hopefully it won't mean tix will be even harder to come by and Solid Sound will be crazy crowded, expensive, etc. Trying to stay positive! And of course, wishing only the best for Sue and the family.

Cause it would be terrible if they were successful and in demand.

I think 2013 was considered a success, since it was a sellout. It was also more crowded than in previous years, which wasn't ideal from an audience standpoint but was also understandable, given that the museum grounds have a pretty limited capacity but the festival needs to make a profit. Personally, I think it would make sense to keep the early bird pricing relatively low, giving hardcore fans the opportunity to get their tickets inexpensively, and increasing the regular ticket prices next year. After all, the actual ticket prices for this 3-day festival are a huge bargain and I think could stand a price increase.

Maybe related. . . . In the last couple of days I've gotten emails from Mass MoCA talking about a major expansion and renovation that has recently had funding approved and is expected to be completed by late in 2015. I haven't scrutinized the emails enough to figure out whether any of this will have the effect of expanding the venue's capacity--I'm not sure how it could unless they're adding acreage to the museum grounds--but perhaps that expansion will alleviate the crowding somehow. It sounds like most of the money is earmarked for renovation of existing galleries and improvements to the entranceways, etc.

Guest Jules

You guys might not know this, but I'm a bit of an artist. I'm thinking about doing an exposition later this year at the North Pole. I hope you can all make it.

In the last couple of days I've gotten emails from Mass MoCA talking about a major expansion and renovation that has recently had funding approved and is expected to be completed by late in 2015. I haven't scrutinized the emails enough to figure out whether any of this will have the effect of expanding the venue's capacity--I'm not sure how it could unless they're adding acreage to the museum grounds--but perhaps that expansion will alleviate the crowding somehow. It sounds like most of the money is earmarked for renovation of existing galleries and improvements to the entranceways, etc.

I read in the local paper that the outdoor performances spaces were going to be developed as well. That's pretty good news.