Extended break...or permanent

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilco will be back. I don't know why this is even a question. So Jeff makes a solo record with his kid, takes a break for family reasons, and allows his sidemen to have their own careers. Seems like everyone should be okay with this.

LouieB

Wait, did you mean there is a Myriad band whose music you enjoy?  Note, kind of ironic.

The Myriad was a Seattle-based band. They were selected as 2007's MTV2 Dew Circuit Breakout champions. Their newest album, With Arrows, With Poise, was released on May 13, 2008.[1]

After touring for four years, the band went on hiatus in late 2008 after finding out their drummer Randy Miller had been diagnosed with cancer. In August 2009 the band announced they were heading out on the "All Creatures Tour".

I've got lots of other musical events on my horizon, and more music at home than I have time to listen to.  But I look forward to nothing more than seeing Wilco, so 2014 being potentially a Wilco-less concert year is something I will have to deal with, but it does bum me out.  But in the scheme of things, that's nothing compared to what the Tweedy family will be going through in 2014, so no whining from me.  The counter on my phone's start screen shows 491 days until Solid Sound.  I can get through it.

this is the worst kind of sensationalistic thread rabblerousing, ahhhhhhhhh don't get me started!

Take a Xanax Bro.

"Sensationalistic thread rabblerousing'?

I am simply looking at the situation at hand and voicing a concern for the future of a band I desperately admire.

The Band obviously takes second place to the personal issues the Tweedy family will be facing, but 2014 already had all the signs of a severe scaling back of activity in the Wilco World.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2014/02/13/autumn-defense-wilco-rams-head-hamilton-fifth/#comments

According to this, Wilco is hibernating.

But, the last paragraph offers a glimmer of hope for a 2014 show.

That's exciting!!! So maybe there will be some recording before next year!! And...I'm still hoping for some east coast Tweedy solo gigs (although the two benefit shows in Chicago this last week were so great that it'll hold me for a little while)...and wondering if we might see some kind of holiday season Chicago residency for a few Wilco gigs. I'd try & travel for that!!

And, for the record, I don't get any impression that Wilco is going anywhere, anytime soon.

Take a Xanax Bro.

"Sensationalistic thread rabblerousing'?

I am simply looking at the situation at hand and voicing a concern for the future of a band I desperately admire.

The Band obviously takes second place to the personal issues the Tweedy family will be facing, but 2014 already had all the signs of a severe scaling back of activity in the Wilco World.

no worries, bra.

i'm getting pumped for the 2015 Solid Sound Reunion Show (w/ tour to follow!)

No need to be chilled; it's simply a privacy issue. She is having ongoing tests, biopsies and such, as her doctors determine exactly what is going on. Not knowing anything definitive yet means nothing to report. 

Or that they feel like keeping results to themselves, which is very much their right.

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting around the house in the wee hours of Saturday morning listening to a Wilco show with my wife, it dawned on me just how much I'm missing Wilco.  Looks like 2014 will be a barren Wilco year.  Hoping for the best for Sue and all the guys.  Solid Sound 2015 is a long way away (478 days according to my counter), can't get here fast enough for me. 

It's going to be a seriously ecstatic reunion (band + fans) when they do start coming around again. Will be so exciting, but hopefully it won't mean tix will be even harder to come by and Solid Sound will be crazy crowded, expensive, etc. Trying to stay positive! And of course, wishing only the best for Sue and the family.

I loved that show. And listening to it, too.  While I may have wasted $80 on song request sea-salt chocolate bars, they were delicious.

My seemingly myriad run of 12 Wilco/JT shows in 12 months ending last month was fantastic, and with the bonus Solid Sound Sunday, too. Can't wait to do it all over again!   Soon please ..

Hope they give us a little something to hang our hopes on before too long. Release a single? Do a mini tour? Write an opinion piece for the New York Times? Publish a memoir? 

Please, and soon. Every moment is a little bit later...